www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Looking for a motorcycle specific jacket, hopefully keep it under $200. Ideas?  (Read 5559 times)

Offline edukaycheon

• My pseudoblog
I would like to get an actual motorcycle jacket for riding (with protectors), not just a thick leather jacket or a windbreaker layer or anything like that. I live in Southern California, so it never gets really hot or really cold, so I was considering a textile jacket but I really would like the protection leather offers, especially if I can wear it during most of the summer anyways.

I was looking at mostly Revzilla, Motorcycle Superstore, and CycleGear, and I saw a few Alpinestars jackets that I thought looked nice, and there was one Dainese textile jacket for $200 that seemed cheap for Dainese as well. I'd like something without too much branding, don't mind a small logo here and there though, and a dark color would be nice as well, either dark grey, dark blue, or black. I feel lazy asking for help when I should be doing the legwork myself, but I was wondering if there were any good brands I should check out since I don't know about the reputation of a lot of these brands. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome.
“Seize the day guys - don’t say “Can I , can’t I” - just do it anyway and see what the results are. After fifty odd years of making those kinds of decisions, you will ALL have your own ‘Tales from the day’.
I’m still at it, buying toys I can’t really afford or getting out there and indulging my whims, but you find a way.

Let me assure you - there’s nothing worse than looking at maybe another fifteen or twenty years of life and looking back and saying “If only”. Don’t listen to the “Can’t be done” assholes - not, at least until you’ve tried it for yourself.

There’s NO point in regretting past decisions - they’re done, just take the results of that decision and run with it.” - Beachcomber

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45042.0  -  CB360...I want to ride again!

http://i.imgur.com/xLptvnG.gif

Offline mark13018

• "In the age of information, ignorance is a choice
I like the joe rocket jackets. I bought mine from motorcycle superstore I think on sale or something. Its all black cordura with the little rockets here and there. No big name on it or anything. It has a lot of adjustments and vents, it fits well and adjusts easily. I can adjust most options on the jacket while riding even, though that's probably not very safe, its that easy. It has been about 2to years since I bought it and I think it may have been called "ballistic 2.0" or some kind of number(s) or combination of them. Optional zip in liner wasn't included but can be bought later... Just my opinion. You should get more than one opinion. Check reviews and stuff too on various websites. Hope this helps! ;)
need wire for your custom build? Click here!

1971 CL450 cafe "Project Amelia" 
1979 Kawasaki KZ650 "Blue Bessie"
1982 Kawasaki KZ305 CSR belt "Project X"
1995 Honda Magna Deluxe
1987 Honda Super Magna - sold :-(
2006 Honda CBR600RR
1964 CB77 superhawk
1965 CL72 scrambler
2013 honda metropolitan

Offline Killman77

• 当有疑问时踢你的敌人在生殖器上,你可以道歉后
My first jacket was a Joe Rocket Ballistic as well. LOVE it! Great value for the money, mine's all black with no really visible branding. Armor, quilted vest and waterproof windbreaker liners. I get compliments on the windbreaker whenever I wear it, kinda funny.

But if you're looking for leather, just keep lurking Ebay, you'll find something with all the bells and whistles for under $200 that you love. I just picked up a Bates cafe jacket for $105 including shipping.
Just make sure to check your measurements against what you're looking at, sizes aren't the same from country to country and between manufacturers.
http://www.killmancustoms.com/
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=58169.msg660267;topicseen#new
KZ 750 Ltd H2 God help us all :)
1983 KZ440 D5 LTD
Keep getting happier with the bike
Keep learning just how much I don't know
Cha-cha-cha-chaaaanggess....

Offline frogman

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • '74 CB360, '71 CB450, '75 CB550SS
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/552/ITEM/Cortech-DSX-Denim-Jacket.aspx

I bought one of those a year or so ago and love it. I'm NOT a leather fan and this fit the bill for warm summer ridding and moderate cold riding. Armor, removable liner, vents that do work, ton of pockets. And it looks cool too.

Offline jsharpphoto

as someone who rides a variety of vintage 2 wheelers, I felt that it was important to find a jacket that didn't make me look like a power ranger.  I found a company out of portland called Corazzo, that caters to the Vespa and Lambretta crowds.  Their jackets are awesome looking (very clean), well made and nicely armored. 

I have the Venteta vented jacket, because I live in Dallas.  The 5.0 and the speedway are great looking too.

Offline AgentX

Joe Rocket hemp jacket?
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline Flugtechnik

• My bike is not transportation, it is a respite
    • Nixon and Me
I got a Vulcan leather jacket from leatherup.com.  Very happy with it.  The only complaint I have is that the elbow armor slides down to my forearm when I put it on. 

I tested it when I slid off of a mountain and it held up fine.

I got it on sale for $170.  Lots of zippers to let air in when you need it and keep it out when it is cold.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Vulcan-Mens-Jackets/Vulcan-Mens-VTZ-910-Street-Motorcycle-Jacket/115180.html

Offline lingo

• social pariah
I picked up an older Vanson leathers ventalator off of CL for $100. Looked brand new

CB450K3- organ donor
CB450K3- On the road again.

Offline AgentX

I have a Vanson vent-max, too, but I'm not gonna recommend it for general SoCal use ...freeze-yer-balls-off time, there...  Daytime summer desert use, yes...but SoCal's much colder much of the time than most realize, especially along the coast, in the mountains, or in winter.
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline lingo

• social pariah
I am in Atlanta. our weather can be very similar plus a lot of humidity. I wear leather when it is cool/cold
CB450K3- organ donor
CB450K3- On the road again.