www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Work / Shop Aprons / Tool Rolls  (Read 22150 times)

Offline Joon-yah

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • Joon-yah
Re: Work / Shop Aprons
« Reply #40 on: Oct 22, 2013, 08:27:15 »
A brown to match the straps/brass would be cool
Cm400/cb450 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=45376.0                                                  SR500 http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43591.0                                                     http://retromoto1.com/

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #41 on: Oct 22, 2013, 08:55:02 »
A brown to match the straps/brass would be cool

I've had a few requests for Olive Drab canvas and Brown stitching, I'm going to put up an option for Black canvas with Brown stitching and Olive Drab with Brown stitching. Possibly a few other combinations.

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #42 on: Oct 22, 2013, 09:49:03 »
Can I beta test this for you?
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #43 on: Oct 22, 2013, 09:50:02 »
A big no-no to wear a shop coat, apron or gloves on a lathe, so you have it right so far! ;)
aprons are perfectly fine and TOTALLY SAFE on a lathe  ;) gloves can certainly be a problem as well as long sleeves

Offline Walms

Work / Shop Aprons
« Reply #44 on: Oct 22, 2013, 10:11:57 »
I witnessed a guy get dragged into the lathe because his shop coat got caught in the lead screw... An apron is no different but suit yourself bud! ;)

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #45 on: Oct 22, 2013, 10:22:37 »
shop coat is not an apron,shit fer brains
we all wore aprons in the machine shop,try to tell a machinist he can't wear an apron you'll get yer jaw busted

Offline JohnGoFast

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #46 on: Oct 22, 2013, 10:52:24 »
I've always worn an apron while machining, but there are certain types I would never wear, like one that ties in the front.

The danger is just as much present with your T-shirt, if not more so, the apron is somewhat stiff and adjusted to stay close to your body, the T-shirt is not..

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #47 on: Oct 22, 2013, 10:59:37 »
yep ;) aprons are safer than just wearing clothes as they wrap snugly around your body
if you get your apron caught in a lead screw you earned it ;D

Online SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
« Reply #48 on: Oct 22, 2013, 12:49:28 »
Learned that lesson the other day, was wearing gloves on the drill press, and reached in to clean the bit off like I do with my bare fingers all the time. BAM it grabbed and ripped the glove right off my hand, I am incredibly lucky it ripped the glove off so fast and I was just left with a very sore finger, I easily could have lost a finger/hand, especially if it were a high power/high rpm lathe.

Offline xb33bsa

« Reply #49 on: Oct 22, 2013, 13:14:48 »
gloves running a lathe,not recommended at all
the old guy i learned machine and fab from had to power reverse a guy outa the lathe :'( his arm was broke in 16 places totally wrapped up to his shoulder,dude was never the same needless to say
i have run a lathe so big it was like a record player with an 8 foot diameter turning table and controlled it from a rickety scaffold right above the turning mass of hold down clamps and work piece
being a manual machinist on large machines turning large odd-shaped parts is no joke one false move and you can straight get eaten alive