Work / Shop Aprons / Tool Rolls

Re: Work / Shop Aprons

Joon-yah Bourelle said:
A brown to match the straps/brass would be cool

I've had a few requests for Olive Drab canvas and Brown stitching, I'm going to put up an option for Black canvas with Brown stitching and Olive Drab with Brown stitching. Possibly a few other combinations.

Walms said:
A big no-no to wear a shop coat, apron or gloves on a lathe, so you have it right so far! ;)
aprons are perfectly fine and TOTALLY SAFE on a lathe ;) gloves can certainly be a problem as well as long sleeves

Work / Shop Aprons

I witnessed a guy get dragged into the lathe because his shop coat got caught in the lead screw... An apron is no different but suit yourself bud! ;)

shop coat is not an apron,shit fer brains
we all wore aprons in the machine shop,try to tell a machinist he can't wear an apron you'll get yer jaw busted

I've always worn an apron while machining, but there are certain types I would never wear, like one that ties in the front.

The danger is just as much present with your T-shirt, if not more so, the apron is somewhat stiff and adjusted to stay close to your body, the T-shirt is not..

yep ;) aprons are safer than just wearing clothes as they wrap snugly around your body
if you get your apron caught in a lead screw you earned it ;D

Learned that lesson the other day, was wearing gloves on the drill press, and reached in to clean the bit off like I do with my bare fingers all the time. BAM it grabbed and ripped the glove right off my hand, I am incredibly lucky it ripped the glove off so fast and I was just left with a very sore finger, I easily could have lost a finger/hand, especially if it were a high power/high rpm lathe.

gloves running a lathe,not recommended at all
the old guy i learned machine and fab from had to power reverse a guy outa the lathe :'( his arm was broke in 16 places totally wrapped up to his shoulder,dude was never the same needless to say
i have run a lathe so big it was like a record player with an 8 foot diameter turning table and controlled it from a rickety scaffold right above the turning mass of hold down clamps and work piece
being a manual machinist on large machines turning large odd-shaped parts is no joke one false move and you can straight get eaten alive

My grandfather was wearing long sleeves one day, sleeve caught in the lathe, damn near ripped his arm out of his shoulder socket. He got lucky it ripped the shirt off at the seams.

Finnigan said:
Dark Brown to match the straps :)

I listed options on the website, I'll sew up a few color combonations and post them on the site so people can see what they'll really look like.

Work / Shop Aprons

Came for the aprons, stayed for the stories about people getting straight fucked up.

Thanks for making my wife's Christmas shopping easy this year, John.

SONIC. said:
Learned that lesson the other day, was wearing gloves on the drill press, and reached in to clean the bit off like I do with my bare fingers all the time. BAM it grabbed and ripped the glove right off my hand, I am incredibly lucky it ripped the glove off so fast and I was just left with a very sore finger, I easily could have lost a finger/hand, especially if it were a high power/high rpm lathe.

Keep a cheap paint brush handy for these things...save your extremities man!!!

Rich Ard said:
Came for the aprons, stayed for the stories about people getting straight fucked up.

Thanks for making my wife's Christmas shopping easy this year, John.

Thank you, I'll be sending her a message soon. I feel honored to be creating these for hard working individuals.

Work / Shop Aprons

8uryve7e.jpg

::)

Back
Top Bottom