Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

RG500 + RG250
1902732_817517528288558_1671781772752490638_n.jpg

That bike has got to sound like angry sex!!

On a different note...
I purchased this to read on my tablet. Outstanding book!
9781610600453_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

Overview...
Until the 1970s, North America was considered a backwater with respect to world championship–level motorcycle road racing. European racers viewed American riders as being less talented and rode around in circles on tracks made of dirt. That all changed when Kenny Roberts exploded onto the Grand Prix racing scene and became the first American to win the world championship in motorcycle road racing's premier class. Roberts' success launched an era of American dominance that lasted for nearly 20 years and still echoes through the annals of the sport. This is the story of the legendary American riders who beat the Europeans at their own game, including Freddie Spencer, Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz, Kenny Roberts Jr., and the most recent American world champion, Nicky Hayden. With additional chapters about the American World Superbike champions and those Americans who competed for the World Championship, this is the story road racing fans have been waiting decades to read.

Going to take a look at this little KE100 after work today, been thinking about a little beater just to get around town while the 750 is down for the rebuild. Anybody know anything about them other than the fact that they're small, light, underpowered, and awesome?

Attachments

• 01616_jgC2fW9IfF7_600x450.jpg
    01616_jgC2fW9IfF7_600x450.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 580
Like most kawas of that era the color schemes were left up to the watercraft department while on acid.
Other than that it's a fun bike.
I wouldn't want to ride one over 45 for very long.

Intended use would be mostly around town, with a little light trail riding out at my ranch. Think it would be fun, and as far as bang for buck goes, it seems pretty hard to beat...

Well that just happened. Already have a short laundry list for it, fork seals, brake light switch, etc etc. Runs great, and the guy tossed me a couple fresh sets of tires with it. My first smoker!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 553
Oh I've been warned, I know what I'm getting into. I hear they have a funny way of multiplying too...

I had to fix my buddy's sons DT50 and I decided to test ride it, it hauled my fat 220 lb ass right up the back yard hill like nothing. As long as I kept it between 6-10K, and man I tell you I want a smoker Dual sport bad now.

That little 50cc smoker was more fun than all the 4 stroke bikes I have ridden, just because it was like a mountain bike you didn't have to pedel.

The tiddlers can be a lot of fun. I used to race a 50cc Kreidler way back in the 70s/80s. An absolute hoot. Get it right and the little bugger flew.

Back
Top Bottom