Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

stroker crazy

crazy as a fox
Now and then I come across an item that might be of interest to those of us who appreciate the pleasures (?) of two-stroke motorcycles.

Rather than start a multitude of one-post threads I will put them all here.

Contributions welcome!

Crazy

While walking through Sydney's Chinatown on the weekend I spotted the bike below sandwiched between a mundane collection of scooters.

It was minus all the plastic bits, but is still being ridden.

item.JPG

I am fairly sure it's a Honda NSR250R (MC21) from 1991.

They were never released in Oz, so this would be a grey import.

I gather they put out 45HP standard and 60HP de-restricted. With a dry weight of 132kg they could do 185kmh (45HP) and 215kmh (60HP).

Sounds like fun!

Crazy

what a coincidence :)

look what i filmed yesterday on the streets of vienna ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbn0DlW-C1w&feature=youtu.be

Cool idea! 8)

I was with a bunch of buddies in Paris, Ontario last weekend. We've had our annual KTC bash there every Father's Day weekend since 2008! :)

Just a couple of pics:

At my count, there were 14 Kawasaki Triples there this year! Pretty cool. ;D

Nice, this is cool. My buddy just picked this up for his 15 yr old, first bike, we talked him out of a ruckus for this. 91 DT50LC 50cc of 2 stroke dual sport street legal fun for him.

Attachments

• DT50.jpg
    DT50.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 806
Not my bike unfortunately!

I'm building much the same motor but in an RZ frame. The extra capacity comes from a 73mm bore and an extra 4mm stroke compared to the original 350cc bike's 64mm x 54mm.

The main difference with my motor is that I will be using a pair of 39mm Keihin flatslides.

Crazy

hey Hoof, where you been ? Apart from in the garage planning that extra 5 mph !!!! Time we had an LSR update on our favourite salt racer.

I'm still here BC. Th knees are being a bit dodgy right now and slowing things a bit. I'm putting a blower on to see what happens. Also a new nose. Just that the damn knees are making it difficult.

And in keeping with the ringy dingy theme of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom