www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: Ultimate Vintage/Cafe style Leather Jacket?  (Read 9739 times)

Offline AgentX

Re: Ultimate Vintage/Cafe style Leather Jacket?
« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2014, 06:39:49 »
If your jacket isn't worth more than your bike, you got into motorcycling for the wrong reasons...
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline Ellwood

• Vintage person on vintage bikes...
« Reply #21 on: Oct 05, 2014, 10:11:29 »
Head to the Bay and find a good used Schott or Vanson (my preference).....Shouldn't set you back more than $300 if you watch it...No armor but if it's a competition weight Vanson it will weigh in about 6 lbs!  Vansons run tight so if you measure yourself do not order anything small than the measurement for a snug fit.  I wear a 42 sport coat (rarely)....but measure 44, the 42 will fit but is too snug.  If you use the search in description and a vague search like leather jacket (schott or vanson) you might find a nice cheap mis list.  I got a nice old vanson for $95.
Adult onset Attention Deficit Disorder is my cross to bare....

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #22 on: Oct 05, 2014, 10:45:42 »
Brimaco is my jacket of choice.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline Gixxer603

« Reply #23 on: Oct 14, 2014, 04:28:21 »
If your jacket isn't worth more than your bike, you got into motorcycling for the wrong reasons...

Please elaborate...

Offline AgentX

« Reply #24 on: Oct 14, 2014, 04:51:53 »
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2014, 04:57:17 by AgentX »
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline warpt_99

« Reply #25 on: Nov 04, 2014, 21:23:32 »
Need to get a red Thriller jacket from the MJ days