1974 ts250 resto mod

bradj

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I'm not real sure where this will go, the bike is to nice to cut up. I gonna polish the guts Outta everything and lace tm400 akront hoops to my hubs. I may try to find a period pipe for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 608
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 567
I've already fixed the rear taillight bracket and heat shield and painted them black, these parts will be replaced with chrome parts if and when I find them with reasonable prices.
I also started on my wheels

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    982.8 KB · Views: 597
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 594
I think I'm gonna copy this color wise

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 561
My brother has one, red and 'chrome'.
Has the
chrome bore, Suzuki didn't use it much. can't be re-bored without fitting a cast liner :(

subscribed. my brother has one i'm helping him clean up as well. yours looks in really nice condition.
i guess i may as well ask here, does yours have a front brake light switch? there's some screws and a piece of black plastic under the lever on ours, but i can't quite see how wires would connect to it.

Old style Suzuki switch, PITA to assemble and set
Just go and get a new one from 2004 Intruder or similar, they made them one piece so easier to fit. I probably have one or two of the originals somewhere

Hit does I'll have the head light out soon I'll post pictures of how it wires up

haha, ok thanks. I'm going the steel wool route at the moment but i need to invest in something with some hp because my arms are dead

I like that green, that will look pretty good, You are going to have way to many running bikes if you keep this up.

Worked on the front end all morning the polisher got a work out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 434
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 442
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 469
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 452
Going to have to send you my parts and have you do them for me! I'll send along an 18 pack for you too, haha

Holy shiney batman. Now what are you going to use to keep it shiney, if I did that it would look like poo right after the first ride in my climate

My answer is.....nothing the hard part is done a wip off now and then is ALL it will get

The better the polishing the longer it lasts. Dead smooth surface doesn't oxidise so quick

Laced the front wheel and started on the rear

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 344
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
Back
Top Bottom