Foot pegs - Ideas/advice ?

RobNZ

Hi, for some reason I can't put my foot on (pun on purpose) I don't like the feel of the standard foot pegs.

I'm wanting to change them but not sure what with, or what would actually fit. Anyone got any ideas or advice ?

I don't think its the height or position but maybe the width I don't like so much....

I see some have used some donor bike ones but sourcing could be an issue. Has anyone else changed their pegs for some OEM ones?

Cheers
R

Hi Rob, My Ace has Yamaha R6 rear foot pegs which are comfortable. I would think that any of the sports bikes that use bolt on rear pegs would fit as you only have to push them through and put a nut on the back.
Tad

I've held off from replacing the foot pegs. I thought, I'll just get a full rear set instead as the standard rear set aren't too 'flash' anyway...

Hopefully this link will work.... Are these what you mean Tad? Its 1.30 am and I don't really want to go and look at the hole :eek: :eek:
https://touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/813390285

I don't think they are the ones. Is it just a 10mm or 12mm hole? I'll look in the morning but I'm kinda addicted to buying shit for my Ace at 1.30am :-[

Or maybe these are a go?
https://touch.trademe.co.nz/motors/listing/view/812667664

Hi Rob, here you go. hope this helps.
Tad.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    944.8 KB · Views: 389
same here :D

the originals ones look like crap want to replace them.
has anyone a pic or a link to some good looking an fitting ones?

i like the look of these but dont know if they fit
CNC-Universal-Aluminum-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Folding-font-b-Foot-b-font-font-b-Pegs-b-font.jpg

thanks for your help
Mike

http://www.tcbroschoppers.com/metric-parts/foot-controls/foot-pegs.html

Love the American made T C Bros Stuff. here is just one example. check out all the forward controls too. you might just jig something together.

Ive got same ones as Tad, think they were £6 off ebay, look brilliant!

I used a set of Tarozzi folding pegs; very sturdy and suit the period:

Attachments

• Tarozzi pegsD.jpg
    Tarozzi pegsD.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 339
  • Tarozzi pegsU.jpg
    Tarozzi pegsU.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 317
Hi Acethusiats,

I ordered these pair in black for my black ace:

Rgds

Kevin

Attachments

• HTB1zIIpJFXXXXXgXVXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg
    HTB1zIIpJFXXXXXgXVXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 270
Following feedback from this forum I purchased the following footpegs. I haven't put on the bike as yet. My concern is that they're a bit too short.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221835069994

Attachments

• Nija footpegs.jpg
    Nija footpegs.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 686
Hi Acethusiasts,

I have a small technical question, and I hope you can help me.

I want to change my foot pegs. New one already bought. But in the frame, there is already a thread cutted, I don´t know. It is nor metric neither inch. Is it a whitworth thread? Can you please help me to find the right screws to put on new foot rests? The stock item has welded threads, so I have to buy new ones.

THX for your help

Kindest regards

Kevin

Hi Stroker,

the weird Thing is, that I tried it with that kind of screw. But I think, I will clean it up and try again. Maybe I had a bad day. THX a lot.

Greetings from good (c)old Germany

Kevin

kevmaster said:
I tried it with that kind of screw …

Some of their threads are not very cleanly cut.

And their screws are mostly made of cheese (but inedible).

It might be a good idea to replace the bolts in the disc at least. When I was replacing mine four out of the five snapped with very little pressure.

Crazy

Hi Stroker, hi Acethusiasts,

so, it is still cold and we have lots of snow, which means, I can´t ride. The problem with the screws for the foot pegs is solved.
On my ACE, I don´t know why, I have to use M10 x 1,25 to screw it on. So I searched and found screws for the braking System of an AUDI A4 Avant, which are the right ones. Bought and .... tadaaaaa .... here is the result. I have to cut them off a bit, and the work is done.

Rgds

Kev

Attachments

• 20170126_104537.jpg
    20170126_104537.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 248
Back
Top Bottom