Suzuki GT185 1978 build

New parts today. 2 new exahust baffles and larger main jets. Tomorrow I delve into the mistery of carb tuning....
7e9fdebabfefa58630503a94cd03d0fa.jpg

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Substantial improvement in performance.
I'm on the richest clip setting, half a turn richer on the air screw, and main jet from 72.5 to 75. More power all the way from take off to 100km/r. Will look at a larger primary jet next. Spark plugs are a little darker in colour but not looking too rich.

Hey Mr Bernzo, Thanks for the build thread. I'm half way through a CX500 build but couln't pass up a bargain 1977 GT185 from Coffs Harbour in NSW (hence Bananas sign) for my next build. Yor GT looks great and is a credit to you. Although mine will remain under wraps for a while, I've drawn lots of inspiration from your build.
Cheers.

111030-021217060419.jpeg

Odontologist said:
Hey Mr Bernzo, Thanks for the build thread. I'm half way through a CX500 build but couln't pass up a bargain 1977 GT185 from Coffs Harbour in NSW (hence Bananas sign) for my next build. Yor GT looks great and is a credit to you. Although mine will remain under wraps for a while, I've drawn lots of inspiration from your build.
Cheers.

111030-021217060419.jpeg
Thanks, I have seen your CX500 build, your attention to detail is much better than mine. Feel free to hit me up with any questions. The GT engine should be a bit easier to rebuild being a 2 stroke. I have a 2nd one waiting in the wings for when I finish my DT250. Good purchase, you need to snap them up when you find them.

no mine is pretty good i have even found all the parts
cleaned a good set of carbs for it and put them back on

just have no time to get back to it

The little GT is getting better every time I ride it. I brought a Jet kit from 6 Sigma and received an immediate performance upgrade through the whole rev range. Still tweaking the clip position and have 1 larger set of main jets to try. So far though, the richer I make it the better it runs.

Attachments

• Suzuki GT185 Cafe racer.jpg
    Suzuki GT185 Cafe racer.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 397
You're still riding...I'm so damn jealous. I wish I lived in Oz, everything is a frozen wasteland up here. Anyhow glad the bike is treating you well and Happy New Year!

Smack middle of summer downunder. In fact, mostly too hot to ride if you don the leathers and gloves.

Love this bike. ;D

How's the ride with the suspension upgrade....and what did you end up putting inside front forks?

goldy said:
You're still riding...I'm so damn jealous. I wish I lived in Oz, everything is a frozen wasteland up here. Anyhow glad the bike is treating you well and Happy New Year!
Sounds depressing! Good time of year to be riding here, can be hot though.

Odontologist said:
Smack middle of summer downunder. In fact, mostly too hot to ride if you don the leathers and gloves.

Love this bike. ;D

How's the ride with the suspension upgrade....and what did you end up putting inside front forks?
Suspension is, well, it's ok. The forks were stripped, cleaned and new oil. No modifications yet. They work ok. The rears are much better than the original ones were. They are only base model shocks though.
Not sure what to do with the front other than change oil level and weight. Suspension Shops don't want to touch it.

Back
Top Bottom