'72 cb350: No spark

gdimaggio23

So I just bought myself a 1972 cb350. It's my first bike so I'm new to the game. I am having trouble getting the right cylinder to fire. The left cylinder fires great. I tried cleaning the points but that didn't help. Anyone know what else it could be? I'm thinking it could be the coils or maybe something with the electric since I'm not getting any spark on the right side at all but I'm not sure.

If you're sure it's not getting spark (take the plug out, hold it to the engine case to ground while hooked to the plug wire and crank the engine to check), it's probably time to pull the gas tank off and grab either a test light or meter and start checking for power at the coil, on each side of the points, etc. Could be the coil, condenser, point set or just a bad connection between any of them.

Yeah i did just that, found out it was just misplaced wiring. it still wouldn't idle though, and so i took apart the right carb and found that the choke plate was broken. Im having trouble finding a choke plate or even a used carb for the 1972 make

you need to have a fully charged battery in excellent condition.
low bat voltage while idling/running will drop a cylinder.also at idle the cb350 is axctually eating into the battery charge as charging comes in only at higher revs

gdimaggio23 said:
Yeah i did just that, found out it was just misplaced wiring. it still wouldn't idle though, and so i took apart the right carb and found that the choke plate was broken. Im having trouble finding a choke plate or even a used carb for the 1972 make

I think I have a parts carb from a CB350. Please post a pic of the choke plate you need.

not the best picture but this is the cracked choke plate on the right carb

Attachments

• image-3.jpeg
    image-3.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 168
Back
Top Bottom