ZRX1100 - Let's upgrade some stuff.

Justin that's part of the reason I put it off for so long. I know the stuff I'm doing so far is all just bolt on upgrades, but it's fun and the bike is responding really well to the changes. Head first man!

canyoncarver said:
Thanks Drewski. It's like the old question "How do you eat an elephant?".

Yes, one bite at a time is the correct answer. :D

The other big question is, "Where do I start?" :eek:

I think a "Master Plan" is the place to start. Then, I like to start with the "best bang for my buck" items. :) Handling and stopping are great places to begin. I usually can't help myself though, and end up with some dough spent on a pipe or muffler early on in the process. I often convince myself it's in the interest of "weight savings". ;) ;D

I'm not sure where you stand on this CC, but for me, the best mod so far is the fork brace! The transformation was startling!! 8)

Drewski, the fork brace really changed things for the better more than I expected. I've done it to other, older bikes and it's helped but even with the beefy 43mm forks, it made a really big difference on the Z. It's another one of those "I should have done it sooner." I've decided to go Racetech with the fork internals this winter and hopefully that will finish up the mods to the front end.

Finally picked up a Pit Bull front stand for the Z. I've had their rear stand for years and always wanted this one too. It'll be much nicer working on the front end.

Attachments

• frontstand.jpg
    frontstand.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 307
The new hydraulic crimp tool has pretty much paid for itself already. I had to stretch a battery cable because of the little battery and it's new location. It also means I got to ride to work today. Weird warm for this time of year.

Attachments

• battcablefix.jpg
    battcablefix.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 312
  • cczrx.jpg
    cczrx.jpg
    563.5 KB · Views: 317
JustinLonghorn said:
All that work, and look at those damned stock reflectors... HA!

Dammit!.... noted.. I've thought about it a few times and always forget about them.

I love this bike. there's one near me for sale right now with a TON of miles....almost 40k miles on it but asking price is $2k and I can't stop thinking about offering him like $1800 for it....

focusinprogress said:
I love this bike. there's one near me for sale right now with a TON of miles....almost 40k miles on it but asking price is $2k and I can't stop thinking about offering him like $1800 for it....

My ZRX is the one bike I wouldn't sell. 40k if it's been cared for isn't a "ton" of miles. If you could get it at that price, you'd be doing well. If you can't stop thinking about it, go get it. :)

AgentX said:
Should *totally* re-fit those with some organic, artisanal ones.

Hmmm, maybe I'll use my artisinal, thoughtfully moody yet perfectly curated sawzall on them.

canyoncarver said:
Hmmm, maybe I'll use my artisinal, thoughtfully moody yet perfectly curated sawzall on them.

Only if it's hand-cranked. Otherwise you're not REALLY cutting. You might as well not even have a beard.

Nice!

When I installed mine, I just had a dude roadside (India...) cut the springs and grind them flat again. Otherwise the valve acts as a ridiculously large preload spacer...

AgentX said:
Nice!

When I installed mine, I just had a dude roadside (India...) cut the springs and grind them flat again. Otherwise the valve acts as a ridiculously large preload spacer...

Well, I don't plan to do it by the roadside in a foreign country but I do live close enough to Mexico that I suppose it's not out of the question... ;)

Back
Top Bottom