KZ 750 Twin - Two point zero

doc_rot said:
Get a chunk of Delrin and have it bored out to the pivot tube diameter, then fish mouth the inside edge. When you bolt the swing arm in it is entrapped. I did this on my kz1000

I like that idea. Got a pic of yours?

canyoncarver said:
I like that idea. Got a pic of yours?
IMG_0368_zps07998c73.jpg

Thanks man. Thats a good example of one that would probably slip right on. I'll dig around, that one was UK and didn't want to ship over the pond. I might bug one of our "has a functional lathe" friends to turn down some Delrin. I'll look to see where I can find it in colors.

How about a website?

https://www.interstateplastics.com/Acetal-Black-Rod-ACEBE.php?sku=ACEBE&vid=201602141506-9p&diameter=2.500&dim2=1

eplastics.com was a better deal. A foot of 2" dia black delrin is on the way. This "might" help motivate me to get my lathe motor mount done so I can turn this stuff myself.

Moving another stalled project up the list next to the KZ. The other project will help with this one (at some point) . Moved the lathe and bench across the garage so it's in my way and I'll have to finish restoring it. New motor mounts and variable speed motor control is the plan. Needing some Delrin sliders got me thinking.

Attachments

• lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,266
canyoncarver said:
Moving another stalled project up the list next to the KZ. The other project will help with this one (at some point) . Moved the lathe and bench across the garage so it's in my way and I'll have to finish restoring it. New motor mounts and variable speed motor control is the plan. Needing some Delrin sliders got me thinking.

Investing in good tools is always a win.

Still at it, just struggling to get some time in the shop. Had the shovel out for a short ride the other day, gotta fix some stuff there too. Mrs needed some help to keep her projects from turning out badly. Had to change gears to her stuff for a few days. All good.

canyoncarver said:
Had the shovel out for a short ride the other day, gotta fix some stuff there too.

isn't that just planned for every old Harley every time you ride it? lol =)

hurco550 said:
isn't that just planned for every old Harley every time you ride it? lol =)

Hahahaha...... yes....sigh. If it didn't make me smile when I rode it, it would be long gone.

Because tools: I picked up a hydraulic crimp tool today. I've been needing to make up some 6ga battery and starter cables.

You can see the "punch and hammer" on the left and the nice 8 ton (max) crimp on the new tool.

Attachments

• newcrimp.jpg
    newcrimp.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 447
And the Delrin stock I ordered vs. the swingarm. I think I gave it enough extra.

Attachments

• delrin_size.jpg
    delrin_size.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 945
Nice, progress. That crimping tool would be nice to have.

I'm not trying to jack your thread with the band but i think i said i'd offer a better pic of the show or something to that effect so here's one I took last weekend. It was a fun show, a fireman's dance.

10593036_984668674959179_3618679255033701537_n.jpg

Looking forward to more pics of the project.

Back
Top Bottom