Beachcomber - time to quit

Awesome news - now can we get you to this side of the pond for a proper DTT meet-up?

Great news beach mate, been a tough time all round lets look forward to a wrenching good year and raise a glass to continued good health & the NHS ;)

Tim said:
Awesome news - now can we get you to this side of the pond for a proper DTT meet-up?

Maybe if his book takes off his publisher would send him on a world-wide book signing tour! ;D

Wow ..... I'm truly humbled by the outpouring of good wishes from you guys [ and girls ]. I honestly DO feel rejuvenated and going to live forever - as we all think when we're 20, 30, 40, 50. 60 .......

I was given this quote by one of my good pals - you know who you are and I'm shamelessly going to steal it for myself.

" FATE WHISPERS TO THE WARRIOR ..... YOU CANNOT WITHSTAND THIS STORM ..... AND THE WARRIOR SAYS...................... I AM THE STORM".

Tim / RS - I have been thinking along those lines. As and when the Book is completed I was wondering if I could put together a tour of talks and book signings that might pay for my trip to meet you all. Barber I guess is the obvious place. To be realistic I don't see the book being published this year [ it WILL be completed ] and next year is my 3 score and 15 .... seems like an appropriate time - three quarters of a century - not out [ cricket parlance ! ] to contemplate a trip. Let's see.

Once more, my undying gratitude for all your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.

When the Reaper comes for me he better come tooled up and bring a few mates, cos I ain't going without a fight. And if there's on thing British Infantry Squaddies like doing, it's fighting!

Back
Top Bottom