Want to Buy: 1972 BMW R75/5

stillatwork

So I need advice-1972 BMW R75/5 Toaster, all original, runs and rides, for 1650? Owner doesn't believe that anything is mechanically wrong with it but the bikes has 78K miles. I've seen a few airheads on here, but don't know if that's too many miles. I heard theyre "high mileage" bikes. Two cents? Thanks in advanced.

$1650 for a running/ride-able R75/5 is good. Be prepared to spend a decent amount upgrading the charging system and probably the original ignition switch (if they haven't been done already). They are simple to work on, though. And parts are still readily available (though not cheap).

Older Volkswagen bugs oil pressure switch is the same minus the BMW stamp. High mileage is relative. If it was taken care of it doesn't make a difference. My 71 /5 had many miles on it and was mechanically sound. Bike has a kick starer, so don't worry about charging system. Two kicks, first one to get the oil moving and the second to start. Miss that bike, the guy I sold it to, rode it off a cliff.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using DO THE TON mobile app

JustinLonghorn said:
$1650 for a running/ride-able R75/5 is good. Be prepared to spend a decent amount upgrading the charging system and probably the original ignition switch (if they haven't been done already). They are simple to work on, though. And parts are still readily available (though not cheap).
I interested.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom