www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: 1976 GMC Motorhome  (Read 19431 times)

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Reminds me of...me No, I'm sure of it. I hate him
Re: 1976 GMC Motorhome
« Reply #220 on: May 12, 2017, 09:47:49 »
This is the basic color scheme we've decided on.
I'll add vinyl stripes later on I haven't fully decided on that yet.

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #222 on: May 12, 2017, 10:09:41 »
Too much haha.
It's a funny story actually, I was searching everywhere to find a decent painter around here for a reasonable cost. I sold my 69 GMC truck to fund the paint.
One of the guys that came to look at the truck came down from Indianapolis. He didn't buy the truck but we got to talking and he owns a huge body shop and buys these old trucks to restore and flip. He has a paint booth big enough as well as enough dry storage to keep it in good shape during the 2-3 weeks it takes to paint it. We worked out a deal for him to paint it, that's why I'm taking it to indy  instead of staying local.

Locally everyone quoted me between 15-25K to paint it. Which just flat out isn't going to happen.
This guy's quote is much more reasonable at 5500-8500 depending on how much stuff they have to remove and repair.

Still a chunk of change but much more in line with reality I think and they do great work I've seen some of the other stuff they have done.

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2017, 10:38:38 »
C'mon :)
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline JustinLonghorn

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • No Purple Hearts, No Blue Ribbons
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2017, 10:42:41 »

Mother fucking Stripes.
I'm going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

Into The Sunset, CB750 build

TT500 the Animal

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2017, 10:42:43 »
Tim,
Actually the Stripes paint job was what we were originally going to do, but after playing with it in photoshop a bit we decided on the inversion of the stripes job. Green on top white on bottom. For some reason we just liked the look.

Here's the side by side of the basic layout without the upper stripes

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2017, 10:44:39 »
I do plan to put in some machine guns and armor at a yet to be determined date

Offline el barto

« Reply #227 on: May 13, 2017, 07:22:02 »
I didn't realise just how big that thing is. Did the original models really have bath rubs in them?! Amazing.

Offline SONIC.

• DTT SUPPORTER
« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2017, 10:32:17 »
Barto,
Yep some of them had rear baths with a sitting tub like that in there. It's a tiny tub but it's there haha (the one irk posted I don't think is a GMC I haven't seen one with a full size tub before). Those models sacrifice a lot of more usable space in favor of the big bathroom. At 26' long it's really pretty small but done correctly you can make it feel big. Everyone that walks in mine goes "whoa it doesn't look this big from the outside".

Should paint it like a phone booth and call it the TARDIS hahah