1976 GMC Motorhome

Thanks dudes!
More progress this weekend.
Got all the cabinets finished and the floor in.
Went with a product called Core-Tec, it looks great and it's 100% vinyl so no particle board backer meaning no(ok minimal) expansion and contraction.

IMG_20170216_163136600-1336x1002.jpg

IMG_20170216_165320426-1002x1336.jpg

The bed area got a wrap around headboard/footboard as well. The TV is mounted to a linear actuator behind the footboard and raises and lowers with a switch which turned out really fucking cool.
I'll post up a video at some point.
IMG_20170214_174846543-1336x1002.jpg

Dude this thing is the nuts. Me and the wife lived in an old VW camper van for a few summers in Ibiza, thought it would be a good idea to sort out the body work and give it a re-spray while we were living in it.

"Coupla sheets of sandpaper and two weeks and I'll have it looking good as new" I said.

"Two weeks?" she said.

"Two weeks. Max." I said.

"Ok, you got two weeks. Don't fuck this up." she said. Firmly.

Well, I fucked it all up, took 7 weeks. In 100 degree heat. While living in it. In hindsight it was a terrible idea, but man that thing looked sweet when I finished. The things we do for camper vans man, worth every bit of blood, every tear and every ear splitting chew-out from the missus.

Thanks Guys,
We're getting all kinds of excited at this point.

Jim,
The Mrs is all in for the project so she mostly understands! Occasionally annoyed by my lack of interest in anything else ahah

That TV is so pimp - any cooler and that thing would would be wearing corduroy flares and listening to Curtis Mayfield

The Jimbonaut said:
That TV is so pimp - any cooler and that thing would would be wearing corduroy flares and listening to Curtis Mayfield

Ha!
I felt like Xzibit when I finished it and hit the button.

"Not only did we pimp your ride, we put TV's in your headlights, taillights, and the brake pedal!"

Coated the bathroom with waterproofing last night.
Used Red Coat.
Next step is tile.
IMG_20170220_202154058-1336x1002.jpg

IMG_20170220_202146208-1002x1336.jpg

IMG_20170220_175928745-1002x1336.jpg

Kathleen was not keen on the showering shitter approach (i though it would be convenient, just take a dump, turn around for a second and step out...like a built in bidet! )

So we went with a dry bath, but the whole floor will be tile, so i decided to waterproof the whole floor just to be safe.
The seat over there will be walnut flowing down from the countertop and the toilet is on the left side of the picture of the floor.
The shower pan's going to be CNC machined from a big ass chunk of butcher block walnut.

There's a little more space there than it looks like in the pictures.

Putting any Ditra or other decoupling membrane down to manage vibration / avoid grout and tile cracks? Not sure what people do when tiling in a moving vehicle. Small tiles? A more flexible grout mix (is there such a thing)?

Tim said:
Putting any Ditra or other decoupling membrane down to manage vibration / avoid grout and tile cracks? Not sure what people do when tiling in a moving vehicle. Small tiles? A more flexible grout mix (is there such a thing)?

I was about to ask the same thing, wonder what you do when the bathroom is mobile ;D

Maritime said:
I was about to ask the same thing, wonder what you do when the bathroom is mobile ;D

He's going to turn the shower on full blast and have at it!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Tim said:
Not going to speak for what he did specifically, but there are urethane grouts to handle the job.

Back
Top Bottom