First bike EVER!

CafeMack

People tell me my volume is too loud.
I've not officially bought it yet but by the time you read this I probably will have purchased this bike as my first ever. I really wanted to go with a vintage SOHC Honda but after thinking about it and coming across the deal for this bike I thought it would be better to get something more modern, reliable and cheaper to learn how to ride on so I don't hurt my feelings when/if I lay it down. (I don't think the supply of CB750's is running out anytime soon...) But in the off case someone does read this before the evening of June 15th and has any input otherwise now is the time to warn me in advance. It's a 2001 Suzuki GS500 single family owned with 19k miles for $1200. Has a new battery, chain and oil change last year and the rear tire 2 years ago.
00n0n_3jrZxIvHlAc_600x450.jpg

Good choice! My buddy had an earlier version when we were in college. I agree with VonYinzer- resist the temptation to change anything. Instead, spend your money on top-notch riding gear, take the MSF class, and enjoy the bike.

Welcome to your new addiction. Haha. Nice choice on the 500, as stated above, it'll have plenty of power and handling for you to get comfortable riding on, and unlike a lot of 250's, you won't "outgrow" it in 6 months. I also agree with Von and peach, don't cut it up. There's just no reason to when it's that complete, and that new. Ride it, enjoy it, and eventually grab yourself one of those old vintage basket cases and use that as your project bike while having this one as your reliable daily rider.

Near perfect choice for a first bike, good one. I'd own one any day.
Cheers, 50gary

That was my first bike. It was a mid nineties. Was great for a while then I got stiffer springs in front, jetting carb, Yosh pipe. Made world of difference actually wish I still had it.

Sent from my iPad using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom