www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

OUR ADS ARE FROM SUPPORTERS OF THE COMMUNITY - CONSIDER TURNING YOUR AD-BLOCKER OFF FOR WWW.DOTHETON.COM :)

Author Topic: Beachcomber - time to quit  (Read 9125 times)

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: Beachcomber - time to quit
« Reply #100 on: Feb 04, 2018, 02:45:12 »
Awesome news - now can we get you to this side of the pond for a proper DTT meet-up?
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."

Offline yorkie350

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • If it runs ride it if it dont polish it & dream !
« Reply #101 on: Feb 04, 2018, 11:40:14 »
Great news beach mate, been a tough time all round lets look forward to a wrenching good year and raise a glass to continued good health & the NHS  ;)
Life's too short to go slow at anything !  unless your re-building ya ride !!

cb350f '72 café racer 
 cb550f '78 Hailwood race rep

Offline ridesolo

• "Illegitimi non carborundum"
« Reply #102 on: Feb 04, 2018, 15:12:17 »
Awesome news - now can we get you to this side of the pond for a proper DTT meet-up? 

Maybe if his book takes off his publisher would send him on a world-wide book signing tour!   ;D 
“Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.”
— Baron Manfred von Richthofen

Please check out:  http://www.VetTix.org

These are on a low simmer out in the shop:
'75 Honda CL360: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=56547.0
'70 Rupp Roadster: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=67459.0

Offline beachcomber

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • TJ - Beachcomber
« Reply #103 on: Feb 04, 2018, 20:23:29 »
Wow ..... I'm truly humbled by the outpouring of good wishes from you guys [ and girls ]. I honestly DO feel rejuvenated and going to live forever - as we all think when we're 20, 30, 40, 50. 60 .......

I was given this quote by one of my good pals - you know who you are and I'm shamelessly going to steal it for myself.

" FATE WHISPERS TO THE WARRIOR ..... YOU CANNOT WITHSTAND THIS STORM ..... AND THE WARRIOR SAYS...................... I AM THE STORM".

Tim / RS - I have been thinking along those lines. As and when the Book is completed I was wondering if I could put together a tour of talks and book signings that might pay for my trip to meet you all. Barber I guess is the obvious place. To be realistic I don't see the book being published this year [ it WILL be completed ] and next year is my 3 score and 15 .... seems like an appropriate time - three quarters of a century - not out [ cricket parlance ! ] to contemplate a trip. Let's see.

Once more, my undying gratitude for all your thoughts, prayers and good wishes.
"if at first you don't succeed, you've already been a failure once"

" we're not going back to the sixties - we never left "

"yep, nostalgia ain't what it used to be"

"I used to be indecisive - now I'm not so sure"

Offline The Limey

• Evil English Villain
« Reply #104 on: Feb 05, 2018, 20:32:02 »
When the Reaper comes for me he better come tooled up and bring a few mates, cos I ain't going without a fight.  And if there's on thing British Infantry Squaddies like doing, it's fighting!
If it ain't broke, then I haven't been hitting it hard enough.

Offline AgentX

« Reply #105 on: Feb 05, 2018, 22:08:30 »
Cheers, Beach.  Very glad to read.
"What's the use of having a motorcycle if you can't go tearing around staying out late?" Ralph asked reasonably.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
« Reply #106 on: Feb 06, 2018, 02:01:28 »
So nice to hear your good news!
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650