Attachments

• 1486524286944.jpg
    1486524286944.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 304
Re: Yamaha rd350 road racer

Ac left, lc right. Don't look to be crazy

45695163a32039a9acd8e00aa95243f8.jpg

TZs of all sizes look pretty much the same as those.

That's good to know. I just know it was recessed way father than the ac barrels, but from the pics I can see online, it's about right for close to stock lc barrels

"close to stock". Yeah. We need to talk about that......

teazer said:
"close to stock". Yeah. We need to talk about that......
Lol I meant the transfer port recess at the base being close to stock. But I guess the porting not so much ;)

You got it. Well it is close to a stock something that's water cooled and it's a Yamaha and it runs on a road surface, so close enough for government work.

clem said:
This is modified.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using DO THE TON mobile app

Clem, did you that porting at the base of the transfers or is it an OP's picture? Usual practice is to raise the floor (with barrel RWU) on the main port but not the rear port. That one looks like it's raised on both.

Lyn is in Georgia. He did do the crank but he doesn't do porting. It's actually Chuck Q. Both super nice guys.

Two very helpful and knowledgeable guys for sure. I have not had Chuck do any work for me but I have seen his work (or photos of it) and it's excellent. Both have great reputations.

That would explain the scribe marks and engineer's blue. Looking at that picture again, I see that in fact the main transfer is being raised more than the other.

Carry on.. :)

clem said:
Lyn is in Georgia. He did do the crank but he doesn't do porting. It's actually Chuck Q. Both super nice guys.

I've never personally spoke with either, but I've heard both of their names before, equally held in high regard in the Yamaha two stroke world

Lyn is just south of Atlanta, a couple of hours from me and about the same for your wife's family. I wonder if he's worth a visit the next time your down there.

irk miller said:
Lyn is just south of Atlanta, a couple of hours from me and about the same for your wife's family. I wonder if he's worth a visit the next time your down there.
Hmmm, I may have to contact him. I'm always looking for things to do while I'm down that way

If anyone is still watching, this project is still going, just slowly. I've been heavily distracted by the interceptor which is now being buttoned up.

I bought a used crank from a guy over on 2 stroke world and it showed up today. I'm going to put it up on the inspection stand and check for run out against Yamaha spec. If it's good I'm going to run it. The bearings all feel great, and it has tz slotted big end rods, as well as a tz needle bearing on the alternator side. I may just replace the outside two bearings though to be on the safe side with the helical cut drive gear as teazer pointed out.
6afec944a4597b697c4d68400c2a7480.jpg
5064898ea4bc665e4b443249b8a414ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom