Explain your dtt name

hurco550 said:
I suffer from a bit of dyslexia (un diagnosed haha) I look at words wrong for so long that they sound wrong when said the right way. Like yours...

I always in my head pronounced it "flute and chick".... when people were saying it the right way at barber I had no idea who they were talking about hahaha

You can always call me FluteChick if you want buddy. But only you.

How about Flugalcrank? I always read your handle that way.

I recently have been defaulting many of my handles back to my name as it seems to be a good bit more recognizable than Sav0r.

First car in high school was a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring with a 318. I was 16 and the name stuck with me. My dad still has the car at my parents house where I left it to move to Hawaii 7+ years ago. Never got it back when I moved back to California. Still sitting in my parents driveway to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ply318ci said:
First car in high school was a 1973 Plymouth Satellite Sebring with a 318. I was 16 and the name stuck with me. My dad still has the car at my parents house where I left it to move to Hawaii 7+ years ago. Never got it back when I moved back to California. Still sitting in my parents driveway to this day.
You need to get that car back, put a 383 innit and call it a Roadrunner.

I went to school at The University of Alabama, and I live in Charlotte, NC (area code 704)

hurco550 said:
I have never programmed a doosan vmc. I've messed with a doosan cnc lathe a bit but it has a fanuc controller, and I'm not a huge fan of fanuc. That said, hurco kinda pioneered conversational programming and it shows. I've used mazak, haas and fanucs version of conversational and none of them are even close to the level of "intuitive" programming that hurco provides. One day I'll have a hurco, or at least a proto trak in my personal shop
I like them quite a lot. My Doosan rep, however, had priced me a demo 2016 Doosan DNM500II with a 15K spindle, with a Reinshaw, and all the macros, at $89.9K, with about 100 hours on it at trade shows and such. While not a huge fan of Fanuc, I know how to run them. The comparable Hurco, is close to $150K. But, they are so much easier to program.

J-Rod10 said:
The comparable Hurco, is close to $150K. But, they are so much easier to program.
Yeah, depends on what your target use for the machine is. The last place I worked was a mix of production machining, stamping die fabrication and job shop machining. We had a couple mazaks used mostly for production. They were tougher to program than the hurcos, but the spindle spool up, tool change speed and rapid time would blow the hurcos (that we had) out of the water. Contrast that with the Programming speed of the Hurco for die making and job shop stuff, we ended up with a well rounded shop. For the type of stuff that I want to do in my shop, a hurco would fit the bill better than anything. For most jobs that don't require 3d contouring, it takes almost no time to write up a program off of a blueprint with a few dimensions and be going down the road, cad/cam not required.

hurco550 said:
Yeah, depends on what your target use for the machine is. The last place I worked was a mix of production machining, stamping die fabrication and job shop machining. We had a couple mazaks used mostly for production. They were tougher to program than the hurcos, but the spindle spool up, tool change speed and rapid time would blow the hurcos (that we had) out of the water. Contrast that with the Programming speed of the Hurco for die making and job shop stuff, we ended up with a well rounded shop. For the type of stuff that I want to do in my shop, a hurco would fit the bill better than anything. For most jobs that don't require 3d contouring, it takes almost no time to write up a program off of a blueprint with a few dimensions and be going down the road, cad/cam not required.
I'm looking for something with high speed capabilities, with the dynamic toolpath macros included. The Hurco can be ran at 1,575 IPM, at 18K. While I'll likely never run anything close to that, the option to do so is great. Cut production time tremendously on a lot of stuff for me, even at 500 IPM. And, I hate cad/cam. I like programming at the machine. I know it's a necessity, but I hate it.

I got called Mr. E a lot by a boss I had about 15 years ago. "Ephraim" just doesnt flow well over a loudspeaker in a factory in the south. So, soon after I gave up and decided to own the name, and most ppl called me that or just E. It's been my only forum same since about 2002.

Mine is my last name spelled backwards Slightom. Didn't even think about it until a friend brought it to my attention back in highschool (about 15 years ago).

Mine is my last dogs name, unbelievable buddy he's now been gone for 12 years and hardly a day goes by i don't miss him. That's his silhouette in my avatar. He was a gentle 185lb Great Dane.

HerrDeacon.jpg

canyoncarver said:
I live in a canyon and ride a motorcycle. Same mountain I snowboard on too.
And all this time I thought it had something to do with skydiving.

hurco550 said:
I suffer from a bit of dyslexia (un diagnosed haha) I look at words wrong for so long that they sound wrong when said the right way. Like yours...

I always in my head pronounced it "flute and chick".... when people were saying it the right way at barber I had no idea who they were talking about hahaha

Flugtechnik said:
You can always call me FluteChick if you want buddy. But only you.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
This makes me smile!

Surname is Cook. People have been calling me "Cookie" for so long some folks don't even know my given name! ;D

Friends, family, coworkers...all call me Cookie.
On some other forums wherected Cookie is taken, I'll try "Cookies" as well.

Back
Top Bottom