Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

Doling out a bill for a can of this stuff is going to leave a dent, but what to do. Next time you get to MTL mate bring your aluminium - I’ll have plenty of this stuff to go around

They just called me back - apparently it works just fine on engine casings.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Maritime said:
Jim, Kiley confirms it works great on engine cases and covers.
Good man, cheers Mike and cheers Kiley I’ll probably put an order in and tell the missus at least I won’t be bothering her dishwasher again.

I hear Sharkhide works great on bolts as well. Always tempting to attack old cruddy bolts with the wire wheel and make them shiny, but unless plating them they start to rust pretty quickly. Check out @ditstang on Insta, he polishes everything and uses Sharkhide to keep it looking good. Just wish I could get a hold of the stuff...

Have the sharkhide ordered, should be here early next week. If it’s half as good as it sounds then I’m in like Flynn.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
I'm looking forward to seeing how you make out with it.

Is it possible to purchase less than $100 worth?

Brian

I don't think so Brian, but you could call Kathy at Explorer Industries in Alberta and ask - she was really friendly and very helpful. They only ship Ground - think it must have something to do with hazardous chemicals. Lord knows what's in this stuff, and given my chequered history with MEK I should probably tread carefully...

I saw that there are a few places in Washington State that sell it, I may check with them, of course I could just buy $100 worth and be done with it.

CrabsAndCylinders said:
I saw that there are a few places in Washington State that sell it, I may check with them, of course I could just buy $100 worth and be done with it.
You're in BC right Brian? Think there are some sellers of this stuff there too. But pretty sure I'm not gonna get though all this stuff so you're welcome to some too

uF6FEYg.jpg

Mmmmmmmm, shiny.

Next it's this lot's turn -

nWy5jvg.jpg

Sx940xh.jpg

5Bh04JB.jpg

MdBhqzQ.jpg

First thing to do was strip what was left of the factory clear. I used carb cleaner but it still took a while to strip it - these are gonna take some work.

Which can wait for another day - national holiday here today and taking the KLR out to the Eastern Townships for a 'splore.

The Jimbonaut said:
Next it's this lot's turn -

nWy5jvg.jpg

Sx940xh.jpg

5Bh04JB.jpg

MdBhqzQ.jpg

First thing to do was strip what was left of the factory clear. I used carb cleaner but it still took a while to strip it - these are gonna take some work.

Which can wait for another day - national holiday here today and taking the KLR out to the Eastern Townships for a 'splore.

The amount of jealousy i feel right now
Happy st-jean!

Back
Top Bottom