Quick Compression Question

thefish

Been Around the Block
Noob looking for some help on my 1983 Kawasaki KZ 750 LTD. Please let me know if you've got an idea for my issue!

Cleaned the carbs and got it all put back together and on the bike. The bike still won't fire up.

I checked the compression and they are all at 120psi. The second head took a few times to get there, but eventually it made it to 120. Should that be cause for concern? I don't imagine so but what do I know! I'm thinking there is some sort of fuel delivery issue as I changed out the sparks for new plugs?

If you have any ideas as to where I should go from here, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks

How old is the fuel? How fat is the spark? 120 sounds normal if the engine has been sitting a long time

thefish said:
Noob looking for some help on my 1983 Kawasaki KZ 750 LTD. Please let me know if you've got an idea for my issue!

Cleaned the carbs and got it all put back together and on the bike. The bike still won't fire up.

I checked the compression and they are all at 120psi. The second head took a few times to get there, but eventually it made it to 120. Should that be cause for concern? I don't imagine so but what do I know! I'm thinking there is some sort of fuel delivery issue as I changed out the sparks for new plugs?

If you have any ideas as to where I should go from here, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks

What 'second head'?

Exactly. New to working around engines... cylinders & cylinder heads seem pretty close.

There is no spark. I tested the ohms on the coil and it looks to be putting out 11,000 ohms to the leads instead of the 15,000 my service manual recommends. There is no range of what is acceptable but I imagine 11,000 is too little and the reason it's not running. Plus I see no spark!

Back
Top Bottom