The Meltdown Vintage Motorcycle Show 2017

Speedfiend

Coast to Coast
April 29 in Hendersonville NC
A ride in bike show. Bikes bands, beer, trophies and we are giving away a '71 Triumph Bonneville.
http://www.meltdownvintage.com

Attachments

• MeltdownPoster17.jpg
    MeltdownPoster17.jpg
    864.5 KB · Views: 359
A great show that I'm glad to go to every year. Hope to see a bunch of you chumps again this year.

yeah its a great show but they dont give a rats ass about the jap bikes

the judges hardly even look at them i have watched the last 2 years in a row they just walk by

and the one i talked to could not tell anything about them other than the color they liked

cxman said:
yeah its a great show but they dont give a rats ass about the jap bikes

the judges hardly even look at them i have watched the last 2 years in a row they just walk by

and the one i talked to could not tell anything about them other than the color they liked

I hate to hear that you felt that way.

Judging a bike show is tough. There are always going to be more folks disappointed then there are happy with the results. We do labor over each choice. Your critique has given me an idea. Maybe we could delegate some of the responsibility. I'll talk to my guys. Maybe Jenn and E could organize a DTT committee to judge the Japanese. Maybe get the fellas at R&P to judge the American, and so on. Hmmm

We do know a few things about Japanese bikes. (I'll admit, some of our judges may be drunk at the time) Most of us own at least one Japanese bike. Though we are unapologeticly a vintage British club that hosts the show. But that is not to say that we don't love Jap bikes, Italian bikes, German bikes too. And I guess some Harley's are OK . :)We try to make the event open to everyone.

As I recall the color discussion was about which one of the two nice H2's that we liked.

Always glad to hear feedback. Hope you'll come out to see if we made improvements. Thanks.

Hey, come find me at the show . I'll be the tall guy in the registration tent. I'll buy you a beer!
Cheers, Daniel

For what it's worth, here's a few of our members bikes.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1488392185877.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488392185877.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 325
  • FB_IMG_1488392158756.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488392158756.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 337
  • FB_IMG_1488392559387.jpg
    FB_IMG_1488392559387.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 345
If I remember correctly, the Best in Show award went to an XS chopper last year (or maybe the year before). In any event, I haven't felt slighted.

Can't wait for the Meltdown, as usual. It's a great show, Daniel. I'm glad we get to attend every year. Thank you for all you do!

I'm so bummed I won't be able to go this year :( I had a blast last year for sure. It was great

I won't even have to use vacation time to make it this year. I'll be there! Maybe it won't rain on us this year.

john83 said:
I won't even have to use vacation time to make it this year. I'll be there! Maybe it won't rain on us this year.

Shh! Don't jinx it

thanks for the reply

i sent you a pm

and i will be coming up again

and john the deluge we rode home in cant simply be called rain it was epic !

the threee of us looked like drowned rats even with rain gear it crept thru anywhere it could

and up our pant legs ect

Looking forward to coming. It has become an annual tradition. Some friends and I get together at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and ride across the mountain for the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we are going to try to attend. I-85 is closed, so we will have to work our way around to get there. We'll do this by car, no bike riding for a while both of us are gimping around. Looks like a fun show and who can say no to a brewery!

wvlivin said:
Looking forward to coming. It has become an annual tradition. Some friends and I get together at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and ride across the mountain for the show.

Rider52 said:
I think we are going to try to attend. I-85 is closed, so we will have to work our way around to get there. We'll do this by car, no bike riding for a while both of us are gimping around. Looks like a fun show and who can say no to a brewery!

Will y'all be joining us at my place? :)

haircuttergirl said:
Will y'all be joining us at my place? :)

Probably not. It will be a fast trip up and back to ATL this time. We are going to be in Arkansas all next week, so we will likely be road weary by the 29th. LOL!

well unfortunately i am just not going to be able to make it up

been to long of a week so you guys have a safe and fun filled time

sorry to have missed you all

A few pictures from the show!

Attachments

• 27.JPG
    27.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 327
  • 26.JPG
    26.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 30.JPG