1981 Honda cb650 starter clutch

Stellarfoxy

Hello all,
I am looking for the starter clutch for a 1981 Honda cb650, I have the springs/rollers/caps all brand new but stripped one of the torx bolts upon removal, plus I believe there is some kind of plastic piece around each bolt somewhere? I had chunks of some clear plastic mess fall out with each bolt.

Anyway, where the caps slide in on my clutch, the top is bulging on all 3, so if that's ok then I just need new bolts but if not then I need the whole assembly that bolts to the crank chain gear. If anyone has one of these (1980-1981 it appears) please let me know, I'd love to get this bike running again.

Thanks,
Jacob

p.s. they are on ebay, but only from msitermonkeyclaw, and I think their prices are high? they want $102 for the shaft and everything, which I suppose I could sell off cheaply, but that seems high- am I out of line thinking this?

I will ask a few of the guys on eBay I have bought bike parts from before if they have any bikes that have that part you're looking for. Try looking on craigslist in your area as well. I had an 80 cb750 pop up nearby two weeks ago for 500 3 blocks away almost bought it to part out on here. I will keep an eye out. But a cheap parts bike wouldn't be a bad idea if you have a place to keep it.

Can you post a pic of what exactly you need? I have a spare 81 750f motor sitting in my garage. I can't remember at the moment if the starter clutch assembly was in decent shape. Show me what you're looking for and I'll check what I have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom