Honda Twins - Three Phase Alternator Project

Matt we would like to test it for you. Have you seen this https://youtu.be/6rqE6XGx7Fo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sonreir said:
I need that machine.
I thought you might like that!

And we've found a company that will produce a prototype for us.

One wound with 16 gauge wire and one wound with 18 gauge wire should be arriving in our shop toward the end of August.

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Sonreir said:
And we've found a company that will produce a prototype for us.

One wound with 16 gauge wire and one wound with 18 gauge wire should be arriving in our shop toward the end of August.
Awesome! Just FYI we switched to a Motobatt AGM battery because the speedcell was draining too fast at idle with the 40 watt headlight. Why do you think this was happening? I thought lithium held a charge longer?

Texasstar said:
Awesome! Just FYI we switched to a Motobatt AGM battery because the speedcell was draining too fast at idle with the 40 watt headlight. Why do you think this was happening? I thought lithium held a charge longer?

At rest. ;)

In use, it discharges very quickly, which is why such a small battery can turn over a large engine.

Overcoming the limitations of LI-ION on the Honda twins is part of the motivation for this project.

OK... got the first sample prototypes in my hands. We have one wound with 18 gauge and the other wound in 16 gauge.

The test fit didn't go so well. I completely spaced the fact that the added copper and the three tabs on the side that are no longer used are trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Going with this setup might require milling (or otherwise removing) the now-unneeded tabs.

Hmmm....

Attachments

• 20170905_170525.jpg
    20170905_170525.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 296
Sonreir said:
OK... got the first sample prototypes in my hands. We have one wound with 18 gauge and the other wound in 16 gauge.

The test fit didn't go so well. I completely spaced the fact that the added copper and the three tabs on the side that are no longer used are trying to occupy the same space at the same time. Going with this setup might require milling (or otherwise removing) the now-unneeded tabs.

Hmmm....
Can you mark up what you would like to mill?

On a 360 side case, this is what we'd be looking at removing.

Attachments

• 21458670_10155775919090159_1867212555_o.jpg
    21458670_10155775919090159_1867212555_o.jpg
    388.5 KB · Views: 288
Ah!!! So this should work on a 175 case with no problem?

Sonreir said:
I'd be interested to find out. I suspect similar modifications would be necessary?
Will let you know...will this work with your standard reg/rect?

Sonreir said:
Nope. It'll need our new three phase unit.
Matt need this system in a bad way yes will will need to mill the case tabs. What is the max charge the battery would receive and could we manage a LIPO batteries max charge?

If you wanna be one of our test platforms, lemme know and I'll get things setup and on the way to you.

Sonreir said:
If you wanna be one of our test platforms, lemme know and I'll get things setup and on the way to you.
Absolutely! Would consider it an honor!

Matt can a reg be made to smart charge each LIPO cell? https://youtu.be/Vq7ShNGRuxI

Back
Top Bottom