www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Author Topic: Valve Adjustment HELP (CB450)  (Read 637 times)

Offline xulf13

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • West of Tennessee
Re: Valve Adjustment HELP (CB450)
« Reply #15 on: Jun 27, 2017, 18:28:29 »
Cool to hear things are on the mend. Let us know how it turns out. Don't feel too bad, you're learning and not being stubborn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline redrover

Re: Valve Adjustment HELP (CB450)
« Reply #16 on: Jun 27, 2017, 22:07:32 »
Hey thanks for following up, and thanks for the support... I'll definitely keep the thread updated as progress continues... I only have time to work on the bike during weeknights after work and/or the weekends, and have been battling a stripped bolt on the stator cover.

The last person working on this bike obviously has not heard of anti-seize, nor JIS screwdrivers... so many bolts stuck or stripped!

Offline Bick54

Valve Adjustment HELP (CB450)
« Reply #17 on: Jul 05, 2017, 10:27:42 »
To ensure proper cam timing take the left circular side cover off the bottom half of the engine and align the LT mark on the rotor to the pointer. Look on the cams on the sides where those "covers" you took off originally line up against the cam. There's a mark on the left side that should line up with a mark on the cam. If you don't see either of the cam marks at the LT rotor position give the crank a full turn counterclockwise til you hit LT again. You should see both marks on the cam and all of the marks should line up EXACTLY.  I love the Do the Ton forum but for these bikes you'll be better off going to Hondatwins.net there is an entire forum dedicated to this bike. Feel free to PM me with questions. Here's a picture tutorial from hondatwins about this valvetrain. It should answer all your questions. http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-project-logs/11792-cb450-cl450-valve-train-assembly-pictorial.html#/topics/11792
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2017, 10:37:11 by Bick54 »