New Member Calgary, AB 78 CB550

ako2700

Hi All,

Just joined looking to learn as much as my brain can possibly soak up. Recently picked up this 78 CB550 with 4500Km. Super clean. Already have it torn apart . So excited!!! I would love any and all advice as this project moves forward!
Enjoy reading all of the members posts.
Cheers!!

2b607ea8309576816d5e2fe1d42d53dd.jpg
ca708c48bd24a7b228cfbeee555b825c.jpg
e89ceb8d92ab314bf3e1dda5bee26391.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Welcome another Canadian :) I spend a bit of time in Calgary for work, coming in from Toronto which is where DTT got its start.

My first bikes were the 500 and 550. You'll find a nice PDF of the Honda Service Manual on the site using the Search function.

Welcome, ako. I was riding a Honda 550 wide open throttle in 5th coming back from Banff when we got cut off by a car, went off the pavement onto the grass divider, but managed to stay up and get back on the pavement after slowing to about 100 kph, close call. I lived in Cowtown from 79 to 81, fun times.

Welcome from Montreal mate, you're gonna have a blast working on that CB. Looking forward to see what you do with it!

The Jimbonaut said:
Welcome from Montreal mate, you're gonna have a blast working on that CB. Looking forward to see what you do with it!
Thanks Jimbonaut. If I could ever find time away from Fort Mac I could really dig into this project.

Tim said:
Welcome another Canadian :) I spend a bit of time in Calgary for work, coming in from Toronto which is where DTT got its start.

My first bikes were the 500 and 550. You'll find a nice PDF of the Honda Service Manual on the site using the Search function.
Thanks. Looking forward to all of the great info on this site. Love to get out to Toronto in the future.

Welcome from a fellow Calgarian! Looks like you have a good start to your project! What part of town are you in?

ako2700 said:
Thanks!
Down south in Riverstone Cranston. How about you?

Sorry man... I missed your reply! I'm in Valley Ridge - just west of COP off the TCH.

Back
Top Bottom