www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.townmoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Vintage Brooks jackets fitment  (Read 267 times)

Offline danielzink

Vintage Brooks jackets fitment
« on: Oct 04, 2017, 19:39:13 »
I've heard rumor that the older Brooks Cafe style (and vintage leather jackets as a whole) have a "slimmer" fit per size than current era jackets.

ie: if I'm currently wearing a 44 River Road with a decent liner...should I be looking for a older 46 Brooks ?

Opinions/Thoughts ?

Thanks, Dan
72 BMW R60/5
70 CB100

Offline Tim

• Administrator
  • DTT SUPPORTER
    • DO THE TON
Re: Vintage Brooks jackets fitment
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2017, 20:27:44 »
The only way to buy a vintage jacket is to measure one you have already and get he same measurements for the jacket you’re looking at.

Laying flat on the floor zipped up:

Pit to pit
Seam at back of neck/collar to bottom of jacket on the back
Sleeve length shoulder seam to cuff
Sleeve length pit to cuff
Waist

These should give you a good idea.  Most vintage jacket sales on eBay have these sorts of measurements provided.
"Quality . . . you know what it is, yet you don't know what it is. But that's self-contradictory. But some things are better than others, that is, they have more quality. But when you try to say what the quality is, apart from the things that have it, it all goes poof! There's nothing to talk about. But if you can't say what Quality is, how do you know what it is, or how do you know that it even exists? If no one knows what it is, then for all practical purposes it doesn't exist at all. But for all practical purposes it really does exist."