SumpThing. The permanent solution for all SOHC cb750 oil tank haters!

Looks interesting, but the sound seems off in the video. I can barely hear the talking, then the music blares so I have to turn it down, and I can't hear the talking again.

I need this for my chop. The site isn’t giving me anything on my phone. What the situation on price point and US sales?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Yo Irk, pre-sale starts November 14th. Site will be working 100% by then. Thanks for your interest!

I always wondered why it couldn't be approached this way, and the response I usually got from mfg.'s was that there isn't enough demand to justify a full production run. But if you look around the market there are lots of options out there that seem to sell well for this platform, so good on you for tackling it. Looks like a nice, well engineered, thoughtful design.

Assuming you calculated for proper volume, my only concern would be potential clearance issues on abnormally low bikes (IRK). How far down does this go past the bottom of the frame rails?

coyote13 said:
My only concern would be potential clearance issues on abnormally low bikes (IRK).
Do you mean my chopper? By that video, it appears the exhaust is still lower than this sump.

canyoncarver said:
Neat design. I'd agree on the sound on that video though, it's awful.
Strange.. i get that from some people, but most seem to be just fine with it. Can't do anything about it, sorry!

coyote13 said:
I always wondered why it couldn't be approached this way, and the response I usually got from mfg.'s was that there isn't enough demand to justify a full production run. But if you look around the market there are lots of options out there that seem to sell well for this platform, so good on you for tackling it. Looks like a nice, well engineered, thoughtful design.

Assuming you calculated for proper volume, my only concern would be potential clearance issues on abnormally low bikes (IRK). How far down does this go past the bottom of the frame rails?

The kit is 55mm high, so the pan gets lowered by 55mm. I've got no numbers on framerails/kit but could measure tomorrow for you if you'ld like to know for sure.

The website is updated btw, more info on there. www.sumpthing.net
Thanks for your interest so far!

Just to keep you guys updated here aswell, on sohc4.net the topic kinda exploded.

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php/topic,170531.0.html

i just updated the website with the installation instructions:

http://sumpthing.net/installation-instructions/

Back
Top Bottom