WTB Honda 175 twin ignition advance springs or 6 Volt Electronic Ignition

pacomotorstuff

Coast to Coast
Happy Canada Day Everyone!
As the subject line says, looking for a set of ignition advance springs for my CD175. CB/CL/SL are probably all the same, like the points. Years ago, I could buy various tension springs to tailor the advance curve, but Gerald Ford was still president LOL.
The only stuff I've been able to find online is used baseplates - so the springs might not be any better than what I've got.
Wouldn't mind some advice on a 6 Volt electronic ignition, maybe from someone who has used a Tytronic, so I can ditch the points - and maybe the advance unit as well.
Been 30+ years since I've had to set point gap, check initial advance with an ohmmeter and shortly have to drag the strobe light from a dusty shelf in the store room to check full advance, so a re-learning experience for me. Was explaining the above to a 20-something last night and he just went, "Huh?".
I've posted this in the Electrical section as well.
Thanks,
Pat

I have a couple of NOS CB93 advancer units but probably way more than you want to pay for a couple of springs. I also have some NOS Suzuki advancer springs but forget what bike they came from. I can measure wire diameter and post pic if you want?

Thanks for the offer of the new CB93 stuff, but I'll keep looking for springs. Was thinking of going to a car performance shop to see whether or not they carry spring kits for car distributors.
Pat

If you wan't close to stock advance, do just one spring first and test. Cutting springs to make them stronger and change advance curve used to be a 'tuning mod' on CB750 in the 70's.It's such a long time since I did it I had forgotten about it

Back
Top Bottom