I Need the following cafe parts for my 77' CB750 DOHC!

RECAirbrushing

Hey Guys,
Im building a cafe from a 77 CB750 DOHC. Parts that will fit this bike would be great, but if i have to mod i guess thats fine too.

Im on a "married man's" budget so Im looking for some affordable new or used versions of the following:
-cafe seat
-cafe tank. I love Roc City's tank and would really consider buying that one, but im looking to see if i can find anything a bit cheaper first since i still have ALOT to buy.
-clubman bars (ace)
-rear sets

Let me know what you have!

Ryan S
www.royalessex.com
Montclair, NJ

I've got a set of bars for you. Can send a pic if you want. You planning on getting rid of the tank for oyur cb? I might be interested.

Clubmans....thats great

I believe I do still have my tank. I was going to fix it and use it, but want a different look. I just hope i never chucked it with the rest of the old parts...
It has some rust on the inside (which you can por15 if youd like) and also has some surface dings and dents. Its definitely usable though...the person i bought it from was using it.
Im out of town right now but can take some pics for you when i get back this week.

Ryan - that must be a 1979 model no? I was 99% sure the 1977 model year was only SOHC's. Got any pics?

A nice stock tank alternative for the CB750 would be the SuperSport CB750F tank. It's got a nice long breadbox style to it.

The plate on the frame says 77' DOHC. I thought the same thing as well when i first saw the bike, but then found other 77 DOHC's

I was sure to check this before i bought it.

I have been known to screw these types of things up....haha

You may be right (you probably actually are right) about the SOHC....but I could have sworn it said DOHC
Ill check it when i get home

Which one of these does it look like? The indicator would be the two circular caps on the ends of each of the dual cams on the DOHC model.

1977 SOHC4 CB750

Honda_CB750_K7_1977_stpz.jpg

1979 DOHC CB750

sideview.jpg

DOHC engine:

750engine.jpg

Ok...see you were right....haha

Mine is definitely a 77' SOHC. (I only wish I bought it in the condition above)

Luckilly this isn't effecting anything i'm ordering or need to order as far as the rest of my build goes.

Thanks for the double take!

Well in my opinion you're better off with the SOHC. I understand there were some issues with the later DOHC, at least in the first year or two.

Make sure you sign up at forums.sohc4.net - the authoritative online resource for Honda SOHC4 bikes.

My first bike was a '77 SOHC4. You'll enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom