Brake and clutch levers - from a front drum brake bike - with brake light switch

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
So I have these fancy old alloy levers, but realized, hey, what turns on the brake light when I attempt in vain to stop myself using the inadequate but oh so cool looking front drum brake.

Realized of course I need a brake lever with an integrated light switch. I'll be looking in Paris for a set, but if anyone has a set or can suggest a model/year of bike to hunt down a set from on eBay etc. I'd appreciate it.

Going on my Triton inspired bike - clean polished alloy is ideal. British would be cool too.

Really? I'll have to check it out. Figure there's a million different options out there that I can splice into the wiring of the bike.

Re: Brake and clutch levers - from a front drum brake bike - with brake light sw

how is to cycle? always pass there but have never gone in except like 14 years ago when they where still a beemer dealership.

Ralph can be a pain in the ass but JR is a good wrencher that knows old bikes. They have a good selection of Tomaselli clubmans and clip ons.

Re: Brake and clutch levers - from a front drum brake bike - with brake light sw

DrJ said:
Ralph can be a pain in the ass but JR is a good wrencher that knows old bikes. They have a good selection of Tomaselli clubmans and clip ons.
do they have the extra long clip on bars for bobbers? yes im bobbing not cafeing bike :p

I haven't been to TO Cycle this year. I tried calling them to see if they had a Radian swingarm in their inventory a while back, but after 20 minutes of trying to get through on the phone only to be dropped by one of the daughters who works there, I gave up on them.

But I'll drive by one of these days to see what they have kicking around in stock I suppose.

funny i was in burlington yesterday came back lakeshore, came right past there, if new they had this stuff would have went in.

Tintin said:
So I have these fancy old alloy levers, but realized, hey, what turns on the brake light when I attempt in vain to stop myself using the inadequate but oh so cool looking front drum brake.

Realized of course I need a brake lever with an integrated light switch. I'll be looking in Paris for a set, but if anyone has a set or can suggest a model/year of bike to hunt down a set from on eBay etc. I'd appreciate it.

Going on my Triton inspired bike - clean polished alloy is ideal. British would be cool too.
there is a honda Cb450 drum brake cable with a switch in it, for the 1969 K2, i have one n the 69, would that work for you? I need mine but they might be available somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom