HollywoodMX's xv920/TR1 Cafe super-dupe!

wynand2000 said:
patience is the word, friend!

Well I certainly have that... so new oil rings on the way.

The valve springs actually dont fit even though its listed they do. I guess im the only person out there who has put them to the test. Figures....fak.

So my builder is giving them measurements for custom retainers to solve the issue.

Some small goodies from my seattle beer trip.

ga7yde3y.jpg

Oh shitenhausen ... I just ordered TWO sets of springs for my TR1 and XV1100 projects - what are your springs [ make ] and in what way do they not fit ?

We have a guy in the UK that makes OEM springs [ valve ] for a living. He's also been making our road springs for the RAM shox. We order in the material from Sweden - and he makes our stuff on demand.

A bit easier with the valve springs as he has the relevant wire in stock - even the high grade versions.

Redditch used to be the Capitol of the spring manufacturing [ Terry's of Redditch ], and there are a few small [ relative ]operations still going.

I plan to give him some examples of TR1 / XV springs and get some prices. I doubt if it would be viable to get a batch made [ probably 500 springs ] - BUT it could well be that he has springs which cross referrence. We'll see.

Has anyone contemplated / made alloy valve caps ?

beachcomber said:
Oh shitenhausen ... I just ordered TWO sets of springs for my TR1 and XV1100 projects - what are your springs [ make ] and in what way do they not fit ?

We have a guy in the UK that makes OEM springs [ valve ] for a living. He's also been making our road springs for the RAM shox. We order in the material from Sweden - and he makes our stuff on demand.

A bit easier with the valve springs as he has the relevant wire in stock - even the high grade versions.

Redditch used to be the Capitol of the spring manufacturing [ Terry's of Redditch ], and there are a few small [ relative ]operations still going.

I plan to give him some examples of TR1 / XV springs and get some prices. I doubt if it would be viable to get a batch made [ probably 500 springs ] - BUT it could well be that he has springs which cross referrence. We'll see.

Has anyone contemplated / made alloy valve caps ?

R & D springs and they are too short.

All prepped for color 2. Couldnt paint as it was a tadd too windy yesterday. Ps fender taping is abstract on purpose.

3ujygaje.jpg

uqa8epu3.jpg

seantx said:
Tell me you have Gulf badges ready to go in the tank indents.

That's going to be hot!

Dude if you think thats cool check this out. My mind is blown I can achieve this quality as a home painter. That whole thread about rattle can jobs cant touch this. 2k paint 4tehwin.

3u8ehygu.jpg

utu4ejar.jpg

e8a8utej.jpg

zepu9eqy.jpg

I have two ideas for the centers. One which I have is yamaha 50th anniversary decals. And the other is number based.

Rings round 3 are in and at the shop. Still waiting on custom retainers. Decided to start building the bike now that the paint is done.

Let mortal combat begin!!!

5abe7yva.jpg

So its been a while.. I picked up the engine stuff. New valves and 4 angle valve job. Ti Springs in and specced (gong show). Tr1 cyl bored and honed and pistons fitted (took 3 sets of rings gong show 2).

That all took 9 months.. Fak.

Whats next? Wash and prep heads and cyl for paint. Measure the squish to make sure the stage 3 cams dont hit the piston. Check for valve seat bind. Install ebc clutch springs. Probly should order new plates while im at it.

Oh man, great progress :), hope things will work out positive every time you place the next part now, instead of 1 step forward...2 steps back.

Paintwork looks great!

I just finished reading your build thread this morning over several cups of coffee (and a few proverbial boners) and man I gotta say......You Da Man!!

I can only imagine the frustrations experienced with all the hold ups when all you want is to get this puppy on the asphalt and twist that wrist. Good stuff though, stay on the gas!

OMG!

This one is turning out a beauty, must be such a pleasure to work on now almost everything is cleaned/prepared/painted?

Thanks for the encouragement. Ya a lot of overtime is holding me back. Im 206 hours at work this month of October with a week to go still.

Ill plug at her and finish the rest of the engine blue printing soon.

I'm going to give that 955i shock a shot on my build next week. Plan to run it inverted as well but I'm going to relocate the upper mount so I don't lose anymore g/c. I've lost enough with the R6 front end.

Damn that girl has a big back yard!! 180 or 190?

Nuckingfuts said:
I'm going to give that 955i shock a shot on my build next week. Plan to run it inverted as well but I'm going to relocate the upper mount so I don't lose anymore g/c. I've lost enough with the R6 front end.

Damn that girl has a big back yard!! 180 or 190?
Ya I wasn't worried about the ground clearance yet. The rear difference is minimal. It's a 190 tire.

Back
Top Bottom