The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Thank you for your concern, still feel like I have gone ten rounds with mike Tyson. Doctors say I will live. Just have a blown up knee and very sore ribs. Thank god I have no broken bones. Cuts and scrapes healing nicely. Looking like I am off work for the week. Although I am up and about, bumps on the road when in the car hurt to much. Well on the mend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is bad enough for me to me not to want to go at 80+ mph on it.

Real hot Christmas here. 40 + deg c tomorrow. Over 32 deg now at 11 pm

orrible-64 said:
It is bad enough for me to me not to want to go at 80+ mph on it.

Real hot Christmas here. 40 + deg c tomorrow. Over 32 deg now at 11 pm

1 degree C here and dropping, pissy wet cold. Been out riding my horse over the moors and through the forestry, toes are numb. Can't wait to light the wood burner and soak in a hot bath. Not looking like a white Christmas but will Defo be a wet one!

Shame it is not a white Christmas there. If it was a bit cooler here we might have gone to the beach. Just to hot. Everyone is worried about bushfires starting here so no bbq this year. Merry Christmas to all!!!

orrible-64 said:
Shame it is not a white Christmas there. If it was a bit cooler here we might have gone to the beach. Just to hot. Everyone is worried about bushfires starting here so no bbq this year. Merry Christmas to all!!!

Merry Christmas !

Replacing the stock rear shocks - is bushing size on both ends 12mm?

Edit: sorted, 12mm. was measuring the wrong part

Speedo cable snapped when returning from The Royal.

Time to quit procrastinating and install the Koso gauges!

item.JPG

Not entirely happy with the brackets but they will do until I get the wiring finished.

Crazy

Looks good. Speedo cable was around$60 so good choice. I broke one last year after speed week. . Gone with different gauges too

bike is rewired, has 150cc pot fitted . rear wheel has m45 fitted balanced and trued. using ported 125 head with 150 valve springs ,increased preload, high duration cam and upped the compression ratio. head has modified squish zone and iridium plug. piston has been trimmed to match weight of 125 piston. will be testing an 18 tooth front sprocket once i trim out casing. koso replica tach and sped with magnetic sensor fitted to give me aa better idea of speed (bent up internals on mine so it reads 10kms out and wildly inaccurate up top anyway..got sick of breaking cables too).got clip ons to fit on bike tomorrow. still a bit to go but hope to test ride tuesday.

pete

orrible-64 said:
bike is rewired, has 150cc pot fitted . rear wheel has m45 fitted balanced and trued. using ported 125 head with 150 valve springs ,increased preload, high duration cam and upped the compression ratio. head has modified squish zone and iridium plug. piston has been trimmed to match weight of 125 piston. will be testing an 18 tooth front sprocket once i trim out casing. koso replica tach and sped with magnetic sensor fitted to give me aa better idea of speed (bent up internals on mine so it reads 10kms out and wildly inaccurate up top anyway..got sick of breaking cables too).got clip ons to fit on bike tomorrow. still a bit to go but hope to test ride tuesday.

pete

Sounds good,look forward to the ride.

orrible-64 said:

pete

Sounds like a great setup, I'll be cheering from here in Belgium.
Do you still use the stock carb? I'll be trying a Keihin PE28 soon. I also use a 150cc with 125 head. I will post how it goes with the bigger carb once I get it jetted right.
Good luck, orrible

Chinese 26 mm mikuni cast flange carb. Easier to tune than stock but direct bolt on. Air box boot needs a stretch to get on but not hard to do. Different foam in filter. Lithium battery under seat So I can build a ram air tube on the battery side of box

What are we all using to lift up our Aces for more involved surgery? I have a head lift stand with the right pin size, but cannot find a rear paddock stand that is narrow enough for the Ace. I don't have the crate the bike came in.

Underside of the engine doesn't look too flat either so not sure a lift would work!

Back
Top Bottom