Honda NX650 Dominator tracker

Pretty from inside, no metal flakes whatsoever, seems to me it really is a 30k km bike, fresh and clean, previous owner seems to have installed a brand new clutch disc pack too or is it original, idk:

DSC_0403.jpg

Also pretty:

DSC_0393.jpg

Niiiiiice! I haven't done anything to mine in a while, but this is pretty motivating! Have to get cracking once again! :)

Attachments

• veryniceborat.jpg
    veryniceborat.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 4,587
Check out this tiny but quite mighty lifepo4 battery (smokes for scale) :)

DSC_0485.jpg

Finished front wiring redoing (repositioned lights and new speedo, fusebox and some other uncomfortable stuff). Rear end wiring comes next plus battery wiring and then - lets crank it. Still waiting for fuel tap and a rubber seal for the bottom of the carb. Maybe next week.

Quick question about the battery, does that put out enough power to crank the motor, or is this a kickstart?

Hello again,

thanks for the previous advice, all managed perfectly. I decided that front rim will be 19" not 18". Now i have 19" front wheel with old dominator hub(repainted), shortened spokes(cleaned), with Continental Twinduro 110/80/19 tyre and SMPro Platinium rim.

I also changed brake disk,- laser cutted, if you need i can send you drawing of it, that you can give to factory who do that and it will make cheaper for you to fabricate.

Can you please posts at least some pictures with your wiring job, because in the near future I will have to deal with this work too. How much was for battery and where you bought it?

Yet I have no idea what to do with the wires,- try to hide somewhere the original wires with all relays, or drag it all over again the new ones.

Attachments

• disks cropots.jpg
    disks cropots.jpg
    841.2 KB · Views: 719
Hi!

Glad it all worked out :)

Wiring is a bitch. Not because it's complicated but it's uncomfortable to redo the original wires and there's no room and good spots anywhere. It's gynecology. I'm using modified original wires for now but i'm thinking of redoing it from scratch next spring. It will be 100% functional for now, but since the front end is very open, it's not so pretty and fully custom wiring would def be better for the eye.

You've got fuse box, cdi and blinker relay that are in the front end originally and regulator/rectifier plus starter relay that are in the back. This is approximately how i left it for now, you just have to find the best place for each and shorten the wires. Regulator will go under the seat, starter relay is under the tank. Ideally though, i'd put cdi also in the back. It's an ugly box that's not that small, right now it's visible under the handlebars. Ive got no pics for now but i think they're useless anyway. See what you've got in both ends and try to figure out new better locations for them.

Battery is from Finland: http://www.duell.fi/Onroad_kulutusosat/Akut Approx 120-130 eur. You can do it yourself using lifepo4 elements but it's still around 100 eur, so i decided for a ready product, with guarantee and all.

Well well well. It's alive (and what a sound that thing makes) but had some trouble with charging. Diagnosed absolutely everything and there was only reg/rec left so replacing it fixed the issue. Also there was a leakage from the smaller left side crankcase cover, the one with starter stuff behind it, fixed that too. Now there's only a short circuit in the left winker system. That's an easy one. Ordered a fuel tap from UK (wemoto), it's a total piece of crap. The thread is unbelievable, but got that right too. Now i only have to make fuel tank cap fit and it's a go.

I dont remember, to be honest. It's the usual glossy type paint, slightly roughened for better grip and covered with a layer of matte varnish/lacquer. The paint itself is not the regular water based car paint but a much stronger one, acrylic or smth. We call it truck paint here ;D Also there is a protective rubber-like layer under the rear fender to make it stand rocks etc. That's also painted.

tort said:
I dont remember, to be honest. It's the usual glossy type paint, slightly roughened for better grip and covered with a layer of matte varnish/lacquer. The paint itself is not the regular water based car paint but a much stronger one, acrylic or smth. We call it truck paint here ;D Also there is a protective rubber-like layer under the rear fender to make it stand rocks etc. That's also painted.

Oh ok. Ya thats called synthetic enamel. Also called tractor or military paint.

Its not 2k but it is durable from scratches but the sun adds to make it more matte over the years.

Back
Top Bottom