Sachs 150cc 2-stroke repair

datadavid said:
Shouldnt be impossible to find a used one here though. What was the name of the snowmobile again?

Some Artic Cats had them in and also Evinrudes? I have a full service manual and parts list/exploded diagram for the KM37 if you track one down :)

Were just burnin stems and seeds with this idea... Ice Cream damn it :-[ ride the fucker for 20 years and eat some Ice Cream along the way... :p

Yea fuck the stems and seeds, all we get these days are dank fat-ass nugs anyway! Which i will partake before any icecream run, indeed.

Nope, still stuck at the refinery.. things have gone crazy here.
Will try to bail as soon as i can..
Need to get that 1/2ton done.

8b7d1cabd12d3606e87724a05296bd29.jpg
not the sachs but vintage 250 husky stroker!
8a9cc57a70f4c0a041ea37f85f762037.jpg
generator bolt broke off. Hope the weld holds up!
Now to get on the NV and ride off inte the sunset..

Sweet, is that Husky one of the "dual range" 4 speeds with the hi-low range? The dude i bought the XL from had one of those sitting in the pile as well, if I had the space I would have been inclined to pick it up...

adventurco said:
Sweet, is that Husky one of the "dual range" 4 speeds with the hi-low range? The dude i bought the XL from had one of those sitting in the pile as well, if I had the space I would have been inclined to pick it up...
Nah, its a regular cr250, supposedly with a wr engine..

datadavid said:
Nah, its a regular cr250, supposedly with a wr engine..
Its a 6 speed! Never got past 4 myself.. btw i did the 1/3 ton 3 times in a row yesterday! Think i just need to run it in a bit, its getting stronger i think. No ice cream yet..

Got a fresh speedo wire installed last week, and the 60+ y.o speedo is working! Swedish quality bits for sure it does 60kph going downhill but its running so sweet now. Will just run it like this until the quest for power takes over... Managed to go shopping on it and deliver myself + supplies for a few days on the ocean.
Love this old thing.

Neat little honey bee! :p

That number plate on back IS just effing ridiculous... are your lawman and women 1/2 blind. I suspect soon we will have a bar or ocr code box that can be scanned from 1/2 a mile so no need for a plate at all in the US of Duh. But they will still ask for insurance and rego just to have a revenue stream, all while knowing if all is current and what the size of yer dik IS. :-\

Poncho said:
Neat little honey bee!
That number plate on back IS just effing ridiculous... are your lawman and women 1/2 blind. I suspect soon we will have a bar or ocr code box that can be scanned from 1/2 a mile so no need for a plate at all in the US of Duh. But they will still ask for insurance and rego just to have a revenue stream, all while knowing if all is current and what the size of yer dik IS. :-\
Maybe i should just hang a clone-a-willy in the back instead of a plate.. still have the original '54 reg.plate up front.
We actually just got one size smaller plates in sweden, this one just happened to fit the plate bracket i made 20 years ago

It suits the period of the scoot just fine Data (star trek ::) ) I would be hard pressed to run it on a new Desmo :(

Poncho said:
It suits the period of the scoot just fine Data (star trek ::) ) I would be hard pressed to run it on a new Desmo :(

I remember that character vaguely ☺ not a huge trek fan! Did watch it occasionally though.
Period correct would be front mount but the law has always been stupid around here..
All in all very happy that i took the time energy and money to get my first bike registered and road legal. Its all service from here!

Got a spare engine in the mail today! Turns around and feels quite fresh.. ☺
f0cc7db922ff47d74a2e52c52c3c8d9d.jpg
also it has nice fat spark!

Back
Top Bottom