Sachs 150cc 2-stroke repair

datadavid said:
Yea and i could hydroform an expansion chamber for the exhaust, but i dont really think tuning this engine for power is worth the effort.
These machines dont have a head gasket either, just a sealing lip in the head, so to raise comp I'd have to skim the cylinder a bit, and that would take some calculation to get it exactly right.. and i only have one cylinder to try it on. I guess if i wanted speed i could just throw in a 150cc honda engine, and save this for posterity.

or you could get some nitrous for it? :)

Took a ride with the old beauty to my old mans boat for some fishing last week, ripped through the forest backroads!
Damn that was fun! Went a lot better with fresh gas!
Didnt know 60 year old bikes with 6hp, poor brakes and flimsy frames was this amusing, hehe!

datadavid said:
Took a ride with the old beauty to my old mans boat for some fishing last week, ripped through the forest backroads!
Damn that was fun! Went a lot better with fresh gas!
Didnt know 60 year old bikes with 6hp, poor brakes and flimsy frames was this amusing, hehe!

Now you're talking ! 8)
What you said reminds me a lot of riding my 81' CB125S every day..,underpowered and has to be 'wound-up' to get somewhere and going over bumps w/ my orig. shocks w/ me at 200lbs.(got to find a new pr. that're better than this somewhere)w/ small drum brakes; Still, it's Fun ! :D

As they say, it is dinner to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow.

Nice work on the restore mate.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Oh, forgot to post some pics!!

Lovely old thing, sorry about the quality.. and tapatalk rotated the other one for me. Thanks tapatalk.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1439033192356.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439033192356.jpeg
    649.8 KB · Views: 219
  • uploadfromtaptalk1439033219421.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1439033219421.jpeg
    896.4 KB · Views: 218
post a side photo of the other one if you want.

my friend used to restore old bikes like that like aerial square 4's and excelsior's etc, and i would rather have one of these old bikes than a brand new kawi ninja.

i have ridden a few old bonnevilles and triumphs including a trident and they were all lots of fun and vibrated way more than a harley which made the rear view mirrors totally useless, lol.

Ah, the triumph is a new thruxton '04, its my daily ride. Sweet bike.
My first big bike was a t100 chop tuned to hell, only vibrated badlywhen the mains gave in :D
Square fours and excelsiors you only ever get to see in museums around here..
Its a pity really.
Maybe i can attend some classic rallys with this thing though?

datadavid said:
Ah, the triumph is a new thruxton '04, its my daily ride. Sweet bike.
My first big bike was a t100 chop tuned to hell, only vibrated badlywhen the mains gave in :D
Square fours and excelsiors you only ever get to see in museums around here..
Its a pity really.
Maybe i can attend some classic rallys with this thing though?

lol, ok, yeah the triumph is a retro bike . . i just noticed the turn signals.

the 100 must have been cool . . my first bike was a ducati 90 . . might have been around a 1968 year model . . i have never seen one since.

Well it was some 50 years old when i got it (traded for a mazda, what a steal) engine was shot and it was some kind of early 80's shit-brown metallic hack job. Its a long story but it turned out really cool!

Slight update, application to get this dear old friend back in the register is done, now it just needs to go get inspected to get plate and papers!
Took it for a good spin in the mud yesterday, 6 horsepowers is a hoot!

Back
Top Bottom