Frozen Left Choke

larsensp

Hey yal in the process of cleaning and rebuilding the carbs on my 72 CL350 and I can't free my choke up on the left Carb

I've tried Chem dip baths and Liquid wrench but that only got it kinda movable if i press hard on it.

Then tried a Lemon juice and water boil for 20 minutes but that only froze it back to where it was before the baths and liquid wrench. I also tried removing it's little retainer, but that didn't help either

Oh yeah, the rest of my choke lever was broken off too which makes life sooo much easier

any help on unfreezing it? As of now if it was mounted on the bike i don't think I'd be able to open or close the choke

Marvel Mystery! I know people talk about it like snake oil salesmen but I use it almost exclusively especially for carbs. Put some on let it soak overnight or a day, the work it back and forth gently. It seems to break down the cement like crustaceans that gas causes. -D

It actually wasn't gunked up or corroded. I think whenever the choke lever was broken it distorted the shaft. I took it out and sanded a little and now it's functioning well

Back
Top Bottom