Here is what I started with and what I hope to recreate

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 654
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 655
I changed the rear hoop and found a mx250 seat and fender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 677
The tank was full of crap after tring way to long to clean it I cut the tank apart and wire wheeled the inside. I also changed the fill neck

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 641
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.5 KB · Views: 651
The Side cover is gonna also be a oil tank here is my progress

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 630
My wheels the hoops are off a tm400 the hubs are stock ts

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 616
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 619
Brad, How did you cut the tank "safely" (aka without blowing yourself up?) any good tricks for that? Tank looks killer.

I washed it out witha ton of shit tring to get the rust out and I was hammered so I dint think about it to much

bradj said:
I washed it out witha ton of shit tring to get the rust out and I was hammered so I dint think about it to much

Noted. Drink beer, fill with shit, empty shit, cut tank = don't blow up. Got it. Can't wait to see this one finished. Very cool. 8)

im sure there are things that will make it safe vinegar or something I'm not a scientist

Cutting a tank with the lid off isn't very dangerous, even if its only been rinsed once. You might get a little whoof out of it!
Todays gas..

Oil tank side cover work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 544
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 549
Hey Brad, a very nice project which I will follow for sure. Your inspiration bike is similar to the first MX bike I had! The pic below is the same bike I had a 1975 RH 250 which was the bike between the TM250 and the RM250. I bought mine in 1980 and raced it but by then it was seriously outdated in the suspension department.

Do you intend to ride trail ride your bike?

Attachments

• s780_617070728_1207312180.jpg
    s780_617070728_1207312180.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 605
Yea trail only, I just finished a 75 ts for my wife and s pw50 for my daughter. So the plan is for all of us to ride together in the spring

John that bike is rad as hell

Back
Top Bottom