76 gt250 resto mod tight pants

bradj

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
This bike has traded hands between a few members over the last year. I decided to do something with it this time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 522
Re: 76 gt250 resto mod, tight pants

The first thing I wanted to do was find a early drum front end and the early small guages. It's all simple bolt on stuff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 490
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 509

I got a nice set of akront 18' hoops that are the correct spoke count and with off a tm400 and a bultaco dirt bikes that I'll lace to the gt rear hub. the front will get a big ( for the bike ) T500 front drum

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 508

I picked a Mazda green that was close to the suzuki color I wanted with a touch more mettalic. Then I got the suzuki graphics painted on this is pretty much how it sets currently

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 518
I had a nicer one with s tire and everything buuuuut it on your bike now

Got some new shocks yesterday but everybody has seen shocks so I don't bother with picture documention

I tell ya. The world needs more artist like a bull needs tits

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 420
That bike is looking good Brad. The drum front and the paint were great choices. The gauges too, they don't cloud like the later ones do. That's all shaping up to be a way cooler bike than the basic commuter it was when I found it. That motor seemed real solid so it's good to see it get another chance.

One thing though. Is there a way to mount the top scoop from the early 250 motors? That would really set it off.

I don't know I was lusting after the t250 heads wondering the same thing

A lot of unnoticeable work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 386
I feel like that is where almost ALL of the hard work goes, into the things that cant be seen. You will have a nice little scooter when its all done. Diggin the green paint and I like those gauges.

I got a narrower akront front hoop for a more suitable wheel size and drilled the hub

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 375
I decided to go with a gt380 drum instead wheel is built and ready for rubber

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    860.8 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 362