CL175 sporty-resto

weeeeeeeell, I had some chemicals spill across the tank and I'm having to now repaint it. :mad:

Taking longer than I hoped.

Thankfully, I sent the drawings and measurements of the exhaust y-pipe to my friend who will be welding it up for me soon.

Also, i have replaced the foot pegs with some lower profile, classy looking, round ones. Ill see about getting a picture soon

Akastus said:
weeeeeeeell, I had some chemicals spill across the tank and I'm having to now repaint it. :mad:

Taking longer than I hoped.

Thankfully, I sent the drawings and measurements of the exhaust y-pipe to my friend who will be welding it up for me soon.

Also, i have replaced the foot pegs with some lower profile, classy looking, round ones. Ill see about getting a picture soon

you know an exhaust builder? Great 8) I'm looking for one locally here who can build me a head pipe for my Honda single.

as promised heres some pictures of the new footpegs all mounted up

IMAG0420_zps9rafjyn3.jpg

IMAG0421_zpsmn8ydukq.jpg

DohcBikes said:
On a little bike? Does that make a difference on the need for a kicker? Hmm. Well, not in my book I guess. Smaller bikes are really easy to push start, and inline 4's are really easy to kickstart.

Glad you found your parts.

I push start my 175 every time I ride it. Only time it sucked is when I had to leave a bike show early and had to push it to get to a straightaway :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike is looking fantastic. I like the subtle touches. It will be a nice little scoot when you're done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I'm also liking how it's coming out so far. Should be done shortly

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk

I almost forgot! I've been meaning to take a picture of my air filter remedy. For those that don't know, these filters are no longer being made (not surprising). So I purchased a sheet of uni filter foam from work, and cut out the filter element from the stock filter housings. The paper element was filthy! and replaced it with the Uni foam. Here's the results:

IMAG0429_zpseixlhyqs.jpg

My exhaust guy is blowing me off :mad: Its quite literally the only thing holding me up on finishing this!

Nice job once again.

I have some cl175 stuff, including carbs, that I plan to use on my build. Do you know what model carbs these are? I can't find any numbers on mine.

Is it hit in Tucson yet? It's still cold and windy in Albuquerque.

fatleon said:
Nice job once again.

I have some cl175 stuff, including carbs, that I plan to use on my build. Do you know what model carbs these are? I can't find any numbers on mine.

Is it hit in Tucson yet? It's still cold and windy in Albuquerque.

I think the carbs on the CL175's were the vm22's but I may be mistaken. Also, its already getting hot here :(

So, the tank was giving me issues still with the crackling paint. I stripped it again, and repainted it. While i had it off, i decided to tackle the exhaust. I got fed up with the exhaust shop giving me the runaround so i ordered up some mufflers and mocked them up. Im diggin it!

IMG_20160411_162324_zpsmqec367i.jpg

That exhaust looks nice 8) What was the exhaust dude going to do for you ? I live in an apt. and don't have any elec. out in my storage locker(if I did I'd get some stuff like a mig welder,parts washer,sandblaster,etc.) even though I do work out there.I've been having the Toughest time for over a yr.(new to this area) finding good sub-contractors to do jobs for me..

Exhaust guy was going to make me a y-pipe to make it a 2 into 1.

Fatleon: while I had my head by my carbs I noticed three was a 20 on the caps. I'm guessing I have vm20s on this one

Also, I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I'm done! I'm going to do some longer test rides, but it's all looking like it's done

Check out cone engineering for collectors, if you're still looking to go that route.

http://coneeng.com/exhaust_system_kits.html

I used one of their 2 to 1 collectors for the 360's exhaust, and it was a major PITA to get it air tight with welds (since I'm just now reading that they make kits with premade pieces to fill the voids..but anyways), but for $15 it did the trick.

Nice looking bike you've got here. All subtle and classy touches. I see too many small displacement bikes with giant camel humps on the back :eek:

Thanks for the link, I'll look into them.

So, I'm going to need to do some more engine work it appears. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll need to do the valve seats. Left cylinder smokes. I've checked and adjusted the valves, checked and adjusted the points, synched and cleaned carbs... Still giving me issues :(

Unfortunately, I'm leaving the state this summer for work, and will be out of contact (and no bike). Looks like working on it in the fall it is!

Everyone take care, see you all in September

Akastus said:
Thanks for the link, I'll look into them.

So, I'm going to need to do some more engine work it appears. Also, I'm pretty sure I'll need to do the valve seats. Left cylinder smokes. I've checked and adjusted the valves, checked and adjusted the points, synched and cleaned carbs... Still giving me issues :(

Unfortunately, I'm leaving the state this summer for work, and will be out of contact (and no bike). Looks like working on it in the fall it is!

Everyone take care, see you all in September

I hope you enjoy your out of state work :)

Back
Top Bottom