Speedometer Ratio

senor_mendoza

Howdy,

Recently picked up a Ace, was a bit neglected and I'm getting some new parts to replace those worse for wear. Looking to get a new speedometer and headlight (the current one is aftermarket). Any help on what the ratio is for the speedo and compatible parts would be great help.

Thinking of getting a bottom mount headlight closer to the size of the original, but not sure what bracket I would be able to fix to the triple tree. Once again any advice here appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi there and welcome to the forum, if you take a look at page 4/5 in my thread below you can see pics of my Speedo/tacho and headlight setup...they were both from AliExpress for about 30 dollars. If you like the look of them I'll dig up some links for you.
Before I managed to put in my headlight I stripped out the old brackets and made a couple of right angled pieces to attach the standard headlight to the bike (didn't take pics cos it was only temporary).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using DO THE TON mobile app

Buy any Speedo from aliexpress that is for a cg125, I did and all is great

The standard speedo is far from accurate. I don't think you can do much worse- 120km/h indicated on mine is 105km/h in reality.

I bought my speedo from aliexpress, it is from a CG 125 as the wherl sizes are the same as the ace, it is accurate within 5kph

senor_mendoza said:
Thinking of getting a bottom mount headlight closer to the size of the original, but not sure what bracket I would be able to fix to the triple tree.

I used AliExpress for a HD light which I fitted with a LED unit:

Attachments

• headlight etc.jpg
    headlight etc.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 277
  • headlight etc2.jpg
    headlight etc2.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 270
  • headlight etc3.jpg
    headlight etc3.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 264
Yeah they suit well, the koso are fairly expensive though right?

The photos were to mainly to show the replacement headlight.

But I have a black-faced set of Koso gauges that I'm not likely to use; half price should cover it (for 'Ace' owners only!)

Crazy

Also anyone looking to change sprockets, aliexpress got me 2 new different teeth sets 2 front 2 rear for $30

And just another tip, re blanking plate for pollution gear removal, I bought a 50mm U bolt from hardware and the pre punched plate that comes with them fits engine holes exactly, and it's 3mm thick, plenty. Cost $3

I have new micro led indicators full set if anyone interested. I can send pic if anyone wants them $20 posted anywhere in Australia.

Back
Top Bottom