My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project *New Video*

50gary said:
John, there is no way that I'd use a "Y" or "T" to dual carbs and .25" might be smallish? On my '75 T-500 I have a dual outlet Pingle petcock to my carbs. BTW it's a bolt up to the Suzuki tank, I know you built that beautiful tank but I can't recall the bung you used? The Pingle flows enough for a big drag bike engine, Pingle says "Don't let your Petcock be your main jet"
Cheers, 50gary
Is this what you used?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 273

For the most part yes, mine doesn't have the plate with the two bolt holes. Mine has a 22mm (OEM, Suzuki T-500) bung so it's a simple 'bolt up' to the Pingle petcock. Dual outlets, ON/OFF/RES. The body is also not styled with the grooves, mine is smooth chrome.
Cheers, 50gary
http://www.pingehttp://www.pingelonline.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=5FFF4EB8132F496080ECF1EC12684B42lonline.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=5FFF4EB8132F496080ECF1EC12684B42

teazer said:
You are not using the main jets on a short ride unless you are hammering it, so let's go back a step. I can't remember if you tried swapping carbs from side to side to see if the problem changed sides. Or if you swapped coils side to side to see if that changed things, but those are cheap and easy to do.

Are the plug leads and caps new and tested?

If it is the jetting, try going down one size on the pilot jets just to test that theory and drop the needles to the top clip position and see if that makes any change.
Richard I didn't switch the carbs around so I will try that!
There is only one coil with both ht leads coming from that. I don't think you can fit new leads as they look to be an integral part of the coil. A new GT500 coil is expensive :eek: I will keep looking around for one though. I assume I have to use an original coil.

Attachments

• IMG_7278.JPG
    IMG_7278.JPG
    668.9 KB · Views: 269

I just found this so I might give it a try!
http://www.rexs-speedshop.com/epages/es143131.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es143131/Products/HTC1

Those coils are available from a number of sources. I believe it's the same coil used by Honda on some of the 360 degree crank twins, or get a DYNA twin outlet coil. I don't remember what ignition you are using, but with points or DYNA use a 5 ohm coil (and relay) and anything else, use what the ignition system supplier recommends. And if you are using points, we need to talk........

With a CDI system, typically the coil is much lower resistance and much lower impedance. For example Economy Cycle sells DYNA low impedance double ended 0.5ohm coils for the RZ. I have a pair in a box I was about to put on ebay. I should do that.

According to a service bulletin, those coils have a primary resistance of 1 - 5 ohms, so I am guessing that any 3-5 ohm double ended coil will work. I found another reference that says 1 ohm primary and 10K ohm on the secondary side. I'd ask on teh Sundial site, but looks like that Rex's coil might be the easiest one.

One comedian wants 400 bucks for an NOS coil - It's just a coil FFS. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-33410-15321-Ignition-Coil-NOS-1976-1977-GT500-Magneto/302700944986?hash=item467a61de5a:g:x4QAAOSwXXVazTBl&vxp=mtr

teazer said:
According to a service bulletin, those coils have a primary resistance of 1 - 5 ohms, so I am guessing that any 3-5 ohm double ended coil will work. I found another reference that says 1 ohm primary and 10K ohm on the secondary side. I'd ask on teh Sundial site, but looks like that Rex's coil might be the easiest one.

One comedian wants 400 bucks for an NOS coil - It's just a coil FFS. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-33410-15321-Ignition-Coil-NOS-1976-1977-GT500-Magneto/302700944986?hash=item467a61de5a:g:x4QAAOSwXXVazTBl&vxp=mtr
I just ordered the coil from Rex's. I saw that one on ebay for $400, that's what made me look for an aftermarket alternative!

This is one inexpensive solution for your electrical woes.

Attachments

• 17903607_420923938270451_7425029696051932519_n.jpg
    17903607_420923938270451_7425029696051932519_n.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 801

It's a square wave attenuator. Power is only applied to the peaks of the threads and different thread pitch creates inductive failure capacity.

And if you buy any of that, I have a gently used car that was only driven on sunny Sundays by a little old lady that you might be interested in.

So you mean.."we'd be interested in a little old lady"?
Cheers, 50gary

teazer said:
It's a square wave attenuator. Power is only applied to the peaks of the threads and different thread pitch creates inductive failure capacity.

And if you buy any of that, I have a gently used car that was only driven on sunny Sundays by a little old lady that you might be interested in.

I thought it was a flux capacitor.

I see that I need to be more careful with sentence construction to avoid such glaring ambiguities. :)

i have a great deal on this slightly used bridge ....

I know I know it's been a long time since I posted anything. Been having too much fun on mountain bikes and my KTM 500 ;D Anyway I got a new twin spigot petcock and made an adapter to get it to fit my tank, also installed the new coil I bought.
Fired it up this morning and it started right away using the the chokes warmed it up then flipped the chokes off and it idles, give it throttle and it just cuts out... blocked pilots I shoud imagine. I left the bike sitting with gas in the carbs :mad:

Attachments

• IMG_0774.jpg
    IMG_0774.jpg
    385.2 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0775 (1).jpg
    IMG_0775 (1).jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 250

Now THAT'S a main jet! John, have you bought a "gravel" bike yet?
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
Now THAT'S a main jet! John, have you bought a "gravel" bike yet?
Cheers, 50gary
Haha no gravel bike yet, my friends are all in to it though. I have to thin the collection down a bit first before i go for the gravel bike. I have 4 mountain bikes and two road bikes:) Do you have a gravel bike?

Back
Top Bottom