1971 Suzuki T500 cafe racer build....

Hi Paul, small world hey.
Here's a few of those pics that got me wanting a T500 in the first place! It's all your fault lol
Anyone thinking of building a T500, don't forger to check out Titan performance website too!
Iam going to get a set of pipes from Paul and Tim when the time comes, probably one upswept pipe each side.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 343
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 328
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    488.6 KB · Views: 331
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    544.9 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 302
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    496.3 KB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 320
Pretty Kool I got a few Titans this is the inspiration for next build

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 995
All the original candy colours are awesome. I would pick one of them and make it even more vibrant than the original, just to stand out.
How many more 500's do you need Brad ;)

Just picked up some bits I had powder coated chrome. I have never seen this effect before so it was a bit of a gamble as to how well it would come out.

Here are the steel rusty old chrome fork legs before....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.1 KB · Views: 313
Here they are after Dan blasted them and finished them in the chrome powder coat. He also did the side stand and bracket too. Iam very pleased with the result! It is more like a polished Ali effect

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.3 KB · Views: 308
One fork done. I managed to damage the new fork seal on the other, doh!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 299
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
Did you vapor blast the entire engine internally, including the bearing races, cylinder walls and mating surfaces? If I'm not mistaken, a vapor blast contains abrasives like glass bead, only in water, correct?

I was under the impression that blasting on engine internals like that was a mistake. Am I wrong?

Hi yes I did the crank case internals as I beleive that the vapor blast process does not damage the surface like sand blasting would. We use the blaster at work for all sorts of delicate surfaces on parts of electric switch gear with no probs.

Benjo@EKCMC said:
Hi yes I did the crank case internals as I beleive that the vapor blast process does not damage the surface like sand blasting would. We use the blaster at work for all sorts of delicate surfaces on parts of electric switch gear with no probs.
This is true if the vapor is made from soda. silicate vapor will damage, my guess is you have a soda based mix for delicate items.

Maritime said:
This is true if the vapor is made from soda. silicate vapor will damage, my guess is you have a soda based mix for delicate items.

Soda in a liquid blast? That's the first time I have heard of that. Interesting concept if that's true. Not sure how that's possible if soda is dissolvable in water. Would certainly be a perfect option for engine internals, that's for sure.

It may not be exactly soda but it is like soda blasting but wet, I know standard soda dissolves but we had a vapor blaster in one of the places I worked that had the silica that would tear holes in stuff then a soda like stuff that was like a strong detergent and was safe on delicate stuff

Old head light was cream crackered. I couldn't source a new lens in Uk. So I went with Paul's idea of a gs 500 headlight. £12 delivered, bargain and I should think a bit brighter!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279
Ok opinions please.... Damper re fitted or not? Are they any good?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 270
I say keep it since you are maintaining the period look of the bike. I bet it works fine, though you can always add a hydraulic version later if you feel it is needed. I am especially partial to these bikes so I am following along - hopefully you will inspire me to get back to work on mine! (project # 637 - too many projects!).

I would also keep the damper, they work ok and the adjusting knob covers up what would be a hole int the stem, so the bike looks better, in my opinion.

I kept mine, your not saving anything by taking it off that front end was designed in the 40's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 286
Back
Top Bottom