1971 Suzuki T500 cafe racer build....

One side stand finished. It was a bit dangerous fitting that new spring!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 273
You can stuff pennies in the coils to safely stretch the spring, connect it the pull them out and save the chance of it flying off.

Top tip I will remember for next time! Cheers
Iam just having a go at the seat unit.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 274
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    765.5 KB · Views: 260
Nice afternoon, few beers and a bit of garage time!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 262
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
Benjo@EKCMC said:
Old head light was cream crackered. I couldn't source a new lens in Uk. So I went with Paul's idea of a gs 500 headlight. £12 delivered, bargain and I should think a bit brighter!
It's probably better than the original for sure, I do like that the original is a unique shape though. I am thinking about putting the original back on my 500 instead of the custom twin set up I made. I don't ride at night very often so no big deal.

Benjo@EKCMC said:
Old head light was cream crackered. I couldn't source a new lens in Uk. So I went with Paul's idea of a gs 500 headlight. £12 delivered, bargain and I should think a bit brighter!
It's probably better than the original for sure, I do like that the original is a unique shape though. I am thinking about putting the original back on my 500 instead of the custom twin set up I made. I don't ride at night very often so no big deal.

That's the trouble not being readily available... Let's see a pic with twins...

Ok you asked so here it is ;D I am probably going to change bars to clip-ons and use the stock headlamp.

Attachments

• finish 1 small.jpg
    finish 1 small.jpg
    693.3 KB · Views: 277
John's bike is certainly radical, to say the least !
Your's is coming on in leaps and bounds Ben....great work mate. Can't wait to rock up together. Tim on the scrambler too....heads will turn !

Busy with other things but seat is coming along. Forks back on too

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 258
Bit of wiring this afternoon...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 241
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 245
Called in to see Tim at Titan Performance on the way home and he showed me my oil tank in the making :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 242
If I could weld Ali I'd love to have made this myself. I did think about making a steel tank and painting it in colour scheme but you can't beat polished Ali....
I am going to fit a sight glass pipe to it also.

After chatting with a few of the guys I have decided to leave the crank as it is as the bearings seem good. I will replace outer I oil seals and maybe use o ring kit and replace centre o rings also....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    778.5 KB · Views: 232
Seat unit almost finished. Just needs fibre glass bonding to Ali strap I made to secure it to frame

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 252
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    771.7 KB · Views: 236
How are you planing to install new center o rings without taking crank apart? Just curious :) Your wiring looks better than on my bike, I seem to have way more wires!

Well I was planning on fitting the outer o rings as normal, but then the idea for the centre ones was to use an o ring kit I have and slice the new centre o ring then fit it in place and secure it with the adhesive in the kit...

The theory is that it will sit in place just the same and will be pressed in place by the cases.

Back
Top Bottom