Weslake Nourish

I also have a center frame oil tank on my bike, how much or how full should I fill the tank? My center tank is way bigger then the old side tank.

Bud64 said:
I also have a center frame oil tank on my bike, how much or how full should I fill the tank? My center tank is way bigger then the old side tank.
Slightly below the vent tube in the tank.

Yes, regarding the oil, just as Marc said.

New fork stanchions, bushes and seals arrived today

100268-290316121912.jpeg

Plus new speedo drive and bearing lock ring for that Conical Triumph rear hub. Slightly different to my old Norton drive, so that's redundant now. I'll need a longer than normal cable for this as my clocks sit further forward in that fairing, so I can measure up for that anytime.

100268-290316122101.jpeg

Got the front forks stripped and new stanchions & bits fitted tonight. Easy job that was and really straightforward.

100268-310316150006.jpeg

Front and rear mudguard bolted straight on. The great thing about that dry build is I know everything fits with no messing about

100268-310316150250.jpeg

Steering damper is a far cry from the old original Norton friction type, but the adjustment on this is fab. Yokes are billet machined from Minnovation Racing, so it doesn't look out of place.

100268-310316150340.jpeg

Really like the dampener, been looking at something like this myself.

You can buy an off the shelf kit for a modern Triumph that could be adapted to ours, seeing as yours has the same frame. Plus also an old TZ type that would be cheaper, but this just needed a tab welding into the upper frame tube. I bought a stanchion clamp from Minnovation Racing and it was a simple mod. Thought it better on the left hand side as it can be adjusted better with a right hand on the throttle. I see quite a lot on the right and it can't be as easy to adjust on that side.

it's a roller again now and I will be collecting my engine this coming week, so that can drop straight in. Also treated it to a new seat and tried that on, but will store it away as it will only get scuffed.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 252
Picked up my engine today and bolted it in loose with temporary studs as I'm waiting for a new set to arrive. So glad I had the barrels blasted and powder coated as they look loads better.

100268-110416114155.jpeg

Also sorted my gearbox as the kickstart shaft I'd fitted from a T150 made the lever stick out way too much compared to the original slick shift item. Must be at least 3/8, which doesn't sound much but just wasn't right.

Trimmed the gaskets and polished the casings, but also shaved off a projection in the casting on the centre casing that used to hold a gear indicator. This wouldn't work on mine after changing out the old 4 speed cluster and it also interfered with the oil lines, so I filed it off and cleaned it up. The casing still has the same section thickness, so it won't have weakened it. Clicks through all 5 gears nice and smoothly, so I'm happy with that

100268-110416114321.jpeg

UK Mark said:
Picked up my engine today and bolted it in loose with temporary studs as I'm waiting for a new set to arrive. So glad I had the barrels blasted and powder coated as they look loads better.

100268-110416114155.jpeg

Also sorted my gearbox as the kickstart shaft I'd fitted from a T150 made the lever stick out way too much compared to the original slick shift item. Must be at least 3/8, which doesn't sound much but just wasn't right.

Trimmed the gaskets and polished the casings, but also shaved off a projection in the casting on the centre casing that used to hold a gear indicator. This wouldn't work on mine after changing out the old 4 speed cluster and it also interfered with the oil lines, so I filed it off and cleaned it up. The casing still has the same section thickness, so it won't have weakened it. Clicks through all 5 gears nice and smoothly, so I'm happy with that

100268-110416114321.jpeg

Those plugs you are using on the intakes are cool. Where did you get them?

Google 'motocross exhaust bungs' and you should find plenty to choose from. They stop water getting in when you're pressure washing a dirt bike.

http://www.freestylebikes.co.uk/shop/toolsworkshop/cleaning/exhaust-bungs/

UK Mark said:
You can buy an off the shelf kit for a modern Triumph that could be adapted to ours, seeing as yours has the same frame. Plus also an old TZ type that would be cheaper, but this just needed a tab welding into the upper frame tube. I bought a stanchion clamp from Minnovation Racing and it was a simple mod. Thought it better on the left hand side as it can be adjusted better with a right hand on the throttle. I see quite a lot on the right and it can't be as easy to adjust on that side.

Thanks, I'd go for the left side myself.

DID o-ring chain for it today. Just a bit wider than the standard old chain I had before, but still clears everything ok. I'll crimp over the joint link in the morning.

Rear brake torque arm with a side stand on doesn't look too out of place I reckon.
Modify message

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693.8 KB · Views: 308
My oil filter was going to bolt directly onto the inside of the engine plates behind the gearbox, but now I've used a full length stud with a spacer instead of a pair of bolts...it won't fit.

So I made this little bracket out of some steel plate

100268-150416151650.jpeg

Cut a template out in card first, then practised folding it from one piece before doing the same with sheet steel.

100268-150416151908.jpeg

Painted it with etch and 2k, which was a faff for such a little part, but it's worth it. New filter on and a couple of fresh hoses, so I can bolt it back onto the bike. Drilling it out made a noticeable difference in weight.

Sits nicely behind the gearbox and the oil lines have a smooth route to it. These hoses where laying around, so I just used them to make sure it fitted ok.

100268-150416152255.jpeg

Picked a service kit up for me carbs from Stafford Show last weekend. Pre-ordered them so I got all the bits I needed.

Just need to get a couple of intake stubs with gauze filters as space is tight.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 302
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 306
Made a couple of throttle cables up and fitted a Domino TZ type throttle which is much better than my old one. I bought a pair of Renthal bar ends quite some time ago, so nice to fit grips and those.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 295
UK Mark said:
Made a couple of throttle cables up and fitted a Domino TZ type throttle which is much better than my old one. I bought a pair of Renthal bar ends quite some time ago, so nice to fit grips and those.

Really like this throttle setup. I'm assuming thats a push/pull assembly. Any info on the vendor?

No not a push / pull, but search the net for a Domino Twin Pull Throttle and you'll find prices and info.

UK Mark said:
No not a push / pull, but search the net for a Domino Twin Pull Throttle and you'll find prices and info.

I know nothing about British bikes. Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. This is my one and only ever British bike so Im not familiar with much else really.

Back
Top Bottom