What would you guys say this 75' 360 would be worth?

VonYinzer said:
Hell, I'll sell you a nice running GS750 with a bunch of spare parts for $1300. With shipping from PA you'd still be ahead. Lol

With title and running makes the bike basically FREE compared to the cost of getting a non running biker without title to the same point. GS750 are great bikes and easy to ride as they are and easy to change over time as you get used to it. And compared to any 360.. well there's no comparison unless you want a smaller lighter bike to learn on and that would be smart if it's a first bike.

And buying a bike from someone on this forum means he will not screw you.

That is a fairly standard example of a bike that is worth LESS then the stock bike.
Very boring and/or misguided mods.

BUT

If that sort of thing appeals to you PLEASE just buy that bike rather then ruin another....

teazer said:
With title and running makes the bike basically FREE compared to the cost of getting a non running biker without title to the same point. GS750 are great bikes and easy to ride as they are and easy to change over time as you get used to it. And compared to any 360.. well there's no comparison unless you want a smaller lighter bike to learn on and that would be smart if it's a first bike.

And buying a bike from someone on this forum means he will not screw you.

GS750 is a hell of a lump compared to 360, almost twice the weight of a modified 360.
Great for running around though. As I worked in a Suzuki dealers after the Honda dealers I have something of a 'soft spot' for them but still prefer the later SACS motors

Update on my situation guys!
First off I appreciate all the help that's why I signed up to DTT I figured you guys would help me make a good decision for my first project and my 2nd bike (used to ride a 07 R1)

Currently looking at a 82 gl500 for an ok price clean title running needs work tho, according to him it needs a carb reset and battery and seat other than that it's all cosmetic stuff.

It also comes with a nice pair of clip ons (not pictured)

What do you guys think?

Sent from my SM-N920V using DO THE TON mobile app

Attachments

• 1468952688853.jpg
    1468952688853.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 1468952696869.jpg
    1468952696869.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 153
  • 1468952703259.jpg
    1468952703259.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 158
  • 1468952710349.jpg
    1468952710349.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 146
  • 1468952716529.jpg
    1468952716529.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 153
Also obviously interested in the gs750 I have no issues with the weight I'm sure the R1 was by far to big for me and I handled it just fine for a full year. I had no car BTW just the R1

not bad depending on price
Things you need to know about that GL.....ask when the cam chain was done last and if PO has never done it then plan on potentially doing it. Those carbs are a pain in the ass for most people who plan on using a can of carb cleaner to get them clean and functional. But the upside is that someone has done a rear shock swap on it, I would check to see how it was done.....the original shocks were air assist crap that was mushy as hell.
The good is that some chopping has happened which means its up to you to finish.....so some work has been done for you

Kamn said:
not bad depending on price
Things you need to know about that GL.....ask when the cam chain was done last and if PO has never done it then plan on potentially doing it. Those carbs are a pain in the ass for most people who plan on using a can of carb cleaner to get them clean and functional. But the upside is that someone has done a rear shock swap on it, I would check to see how it was done.....the original shocks were air assist crap that was mushy as hell.
The good is that some chopping has happened which means its up to you to finish.....so some work has been done for you
I will be sure to ask ask about the cam chain, and it's a Katana rear shock, the guy has done 2 other bikes he showed me pictures of and they looked really nice he said he just ran out of steam on this one, the price is 800$ so possibly 750$

This is the look I would like to achieve, is that in the cards for someone with little no experience with bike building? I would be out sourcing for the major things, engine stuff and any type of fabrication, I do have a few buddies who weld so that won't be an issue l, but will it involve anything major or very $$$ to achieve this look from the gl500 I provided pictures for?

Attachments

• 1468954661845.jpg
    1468954661845.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 460
The good news is that it came stock with monoshock (if that's something you like) and was not butchered by the PO. The bad news is that the seller has started to hack at the frame and seat etc without getting it running, so who knows how good (or bad) it is. If the price is low enough, it could be a reasonable starting point for spending way too much cash (it's a project bike and they cost more than we budget for them and usually more than they could ever be worth, and you can guess how I know that....).

Why did he swap the rear shock?

teazer said:
The good news is that it came stock with monoshock (if that's something you like) and was not butchered by the PO. The bad news is that the seller has started to hack at the frame and seat etc without getting it running, so who knows how good (or bad) it is. If the price is low enough, it could be a reasonable starting point for spending way too much cash (it's a project bike and they cost more than we budget for them and usually more than they could ever be worth, and you can guess how I know that....).

Why did he swap the rear shock?
Well he said it stars and runs just need the carb reset, and I'm not sure why he swapped. He is including the original as well.

IShruGs said:
This is the look I would like to achieve, is that in the cards for someone with little no experience with bike building? I would be out sourcing for the major things, engine stuff and any type of fabrication, I do have a few buddies who weld so that won't be an issue l, but will it involve anything major or very $$$ to achieve this look from the gl500 I provided pictures for?

FYI there are a few things wrong with that sample, starting with lack of fenders which are a must on any bike that is ridden. As for the "look" that comes down to personal taste. I personally find the matt black "murdered out" look to be a hack job lacking in any sort of inspiration or style. Try some color. It will make your day. :)

Here's one I found on line http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-discussion/24831-really-nice-gl500-fla.html

One advantage of keeping the side covers is that it dramatically reduces the amount of fabrication welding and wiring that is needed. You get to the fun stuff - riding - much faster.

when you say carbs reset, do you mean balanced?
Or do they need a rebuild?

And the GL you posted a pic of isn't far from what you have now, the rear seat frame has been altered otherwise the bike is stock.....except for things like turn signals, headlight, and handlebars

teazer said:
FYI there are a few things wrong with that sample, starting with lack of fenders which are a must on any bike that is ridden. As for the "look" that comes down to personal taste. I personally find the matt black "murdered out" look to be a hack job lacking in any sort of inspiration or style. Try some color. It will make your day. :)

Here's one I found on line http://cx500forum.com/forum/general-discussion/24831-really-nice-gl500-fla.html
I agree the sample needs a front fender but as far as a rear fender I don't mind it without, and as far as the sample and what I'm going for I was talking more along the shape and dimension sizes, not color scheme or paint job, I wouldn't copy someone else's color/paint scheme I quite enjoy a little bit of color on the engine with some touches of black

IShruGs said:
Well he said it stars and runs just need the carb reset, and I'm not sure why he swapped. He is including the original as well.

Fortunately, there are people her like CrazyPJ and CXman who know what to do with those carbs.

Kamn said:
when you say carbs reset, do you mean balanced?
Or do they need a rebuild?

And the GL you posted a pic of isn't far from what you have now, the rear seat frame has been altered otherwise the bike is stock.....except for things like turn signals, headlight, and handlebars
That's good to know i like th3 shape and style of thay bike, woild be thinking of doing a more copper patina color scheme sort of steam punkish, and I haven't asked him to elaborate on the carb situation as he said he would have it done for me for 100$

teazer said:
Fortunately, there are people her like CrazyPJ and CXman who know what to do with those carbs.
I mean I wouldn't mind doing myself it it was possible to learn how to do it, while doing it lol I would love to learn a few things before I'm riding down the highway on a bike. I would fell more accomplished than just buying a complete cafe/brat. Which is what my wife wants lol she doesn't wanna deal with me in the garage late nights and all that, but where's the fun in not getting your hands dirty!

IShruGs said:
Just asked him if the carbs need rebuilt or balanced and he said "that comes with the rejet, cleaning wouldn't hurt ethier" what does he mean?

He means that the carbs have not been cleaned in some time and with any changes to filters or exhaust, they will also need to be rejetted. The carbs should be removed and carefully stripped and thoroughly cleaned and rebuilt.

cleaning these carbs isn't that hard but it needs to be done right. It will need a rejet with pods since the air box is missing. DO NOT go cheap pods route.....use good quality pods like the K&N's that have no inner lip on the pod to block off the atmospheric ports. Your exhaust is still stock on this bike so the jet change wont be huge.
Cam chain and other parts can be had on Davidsilverspares.com , I think the chain was $60 but it also requires dropping the motor and removing the rear cover along with a new rear cover gasket, mechanical seal for the water pump, and a few o-rings.
If you get this bike, sign up over at the CX500forum and get all the info you need if you choose to do some work yourself.

Back
Top Bottom