What is wrong with this cx500?

IShruGs

I was browsing youtube for cx500 inspiration and stumbled on this video.

Why is his riding position so ridiculous Looking?
I'm not the tallest guy out there and this scares me thinking this bike with clip ons or clubmans is a bad choice for me.

Or is his bikeshop proportions just incorrect?

https://youtu.be/Pc3Aui2Rc_8

He seems to be of sorry stature, nearly can't get flat foot while on side stand. And he is only on a towel on the frame, not a seat. I'm 5'10" with a 32" inseam and am flat foot on a stock cx500 I was looking at. The clip ons I do not know the pair change or added reach.

Here's a cx500 with clubmans, doesn't seem to be poor posture although this rider is over 6'
http://cx500forum.com/forum/customavatars/avatar2409_1.gif

Oh well his posture seems way better..I'm 5'10 as well so I guess maybe he's just really short and doesn't have a proper seat

nothing wrong with that CX in the vid....its stock height which means the dude is a midget (or let me be PC and say he is a little person)

Kamn said:
nothing wrong with that CX in the vid....its stock height which means the dude is a midget (or let me be PC and say he is a little person)
Hahahaha yea I actually just skimmed the comments on YouTube and he's 5'4 so I'm good haha I'm a whole 6 inches taller than him

He should really be on Z50.

Although I am 6'1, solid build and ride an SR250. So I look the opposite to him.

cxman said:
one cylinder is cutting in and out as well
Yea it didn't sound right to me, I'm going to look at a cx500 today I'm gonna record him starting it up and post the video on here so I can get some feedback back on how it sounds before I buy it, I'm a complete rookie at this point but I wanna dive in head first and get my first project started.

IShruGs said:
Yea it didn't sound right to me, I'm going to look at a cx500 today I'm gonna record him starting it up and post the video on here so I can get some feedback back on how it sounds before I buy it, I'm a complete rookie at this point but I wanna dive in head first and get my first project started.

just make sure it has good compression, not burning oil, and doesn't have a loud knock from the bottom end. Everything else can be fixed by someone with a little mechanical skill and a basic tool set

no....like when it its running and blue smoke is blowing out the pipes

Well good news/bad news my mother in law is basically forcing me to let her buy me a complete bike because my car has seen better days and wants me to sell asap! so im happy i dont have to pay for anything but a little sad i wont get that building experience i was going for, maybe ill still take on a project after i move back home and have my own garage.

"In-laws" going to help you buy stuff ?... I wouldn't go down that road if I were you, it could come back to haunt you years from now. Play it safe and do things yourself or not at all. Sorry...I know this has little to do with bikes, just an old fart trying to share some life experience.

How sweet, but that^^^ IS good advice, if you take it she owns you... borrow and pay back if need be but PAY IT BACK!

Another old dude :-\

Well it was automatically intended to be a loan of course ...just have some credit problems from some medical bills and a student loan issue ..but yea she's loaning me the money already made up a schedule to pay her back haha she would never just give me a motorcycle because I married her daughter!

But thanks for advice guys ..I come from a super small family and I married into a huge family and they have welcomed me in from day one and treated me like one of their own, again nothing to do with bikes but figured I'd share

Back
Top Bottom