Question | what makes these two seem so different?

IShruGs

Besides the obvious seat difference, what makes these two cx500c's seem to have such different lines of sight. One seems so flat and the other almost has a bit of a bobber postion to it.

saving up fora cx500c right now and im just trying to come up with a plan for my bike and i want mine to appear to have that flat look, did the flat one raise the tank a little to match the seat, or is it simply just the 2 seats give the bikes different lines?

Ive been posting a few questions here and there please let me know if there is somewhere else i should be posting these.

Attachments

• 20140926_124657-941x519.jpg
    20140926_124657-941x519.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 264
  • hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 889
Look fairly similar to me. Both look painful to ride, have unrecommended tyres, fugly looking rims, no guards and minimal rear suspension travel. But that is just that I see.

To properly answer your question. The second has longer rear suspension and the picture was taken from a more horizontal angle than the first. Making it look taller again.

Ohh and welcome, lots to learn on this site. A few CX gurus as well. Hopefully we can help with your build.

i 100% agree with everything you said, was simply looking at the stance of the bike.

the size of the tires seems rather large correct? Which is why there is minimal suspension clearance in the rear right?

the tire is a 16 inch rim in both cases

those tires are awful to ride on i wont put them on a bike even if asked for by a client

and if you slide the forks up that high you can die at the first bad pot hole

Yep, them tyres are huge. Know around here as "clown tyres".

They would contribute to the minimal suspension clearance, but shorter than stock shocks also play their part.

dont think the shocks are to much shorter the drive shaft angle still looks good

IShruGs said:
...or is it simply just the 2 seats give the bikes different lines?
That's all it is.
If you look at the first pic, the seat is set down into the dip in the frame. The rear part of the frame has also been cut off, which adds to the illusion.
In the second pic, the top of the seat draws a straight line from the tank to the (still attached) rear frame, and the bottom part of the seat fills in the dip in the frame.

Redbird said:
That's all it is.
If you look at the first pic, the seat is set down into the dip in the frame. The rear part of the frame has also been cut off, which adds to the illusion.
In the second pic, the top of the seat draws a straight line from the tank to the (still attached) rear frame, and the bottom part of the seat fills in the dip in the frame.
That's what I figured and slightly smaller rear shocks on the 1st pictured bike.

cxman said:
the tire is a 16 inch rim in both cases

those tires are awful to ride on i wont put them on a bike even if asked for by a client

and if you slide the forks up that high you can die at the first bad pot hole
You are speaking about the first bike ?

He's talking about both bikes.....the rear wheels are 16's and those tires are nothing but for show

yes both bikes front forks are set up BADLY
Look at the distance between the lower triple and the top of the fork leg......not much travel in the fork and geometry has been changed

Kamn said:
yes both bikes front forks are set up BADLY
Look at the distance between the lower triple and the top of the fork leg......not much travel in the fork and geometry has been changed
Could you post a proper front forks setup possibly so I could get an idea of what I'm looking at?

not sticking up out of the triple tree

go look a some stock pics

do some research or go over to the cx 500 forum where this has all been discussed to death lol

cxman said:
not sticking up out of the triple tree

go look a some stock pics

do some research or go over to the cx 500 forum where this has all been discussed to death lol
Ha gotcha

Las Vegas NV ... yep Las vegas ..a riders dream! (sarcasm people cant drive here, and we have a no lane split law :(

Back
Top Bottom