Bad Points, a comic

Rich Ard said:
I can't even measure snow anymore. At this point I love my snowblower like it were a brother.
A-Men to that... been spending more waking hours with it that with the wifey. ::)

Rich Ard said:
I can't even measure snow anymore. At this point I love my snowblower like it were a brother.

Mine broke, and I have not had a chance to fix it! and I have been paying someone to plow and that sucks! I need to haul the thing inside and pull the gear box apart, something is jammed up in it.

We had 66 inches of snow in January here on the left coast of Michigan. I swear my snowblower has more miles on it this year than my 350 has in its lifetime.

I just moved into a new house in September, and it has a pea gravel driveway. Yup, hand shoveling for me all winter. I've bent two metal shovels and broken one plastic one already. The worst part is I have a snow blower, but I know it would turn into a rock thrower if I used it on the driveway.

I'm going to have to look into concrete vs. asphalt in the spring, because the pea gravel isn't exactly ideal for the bikes either. Road's paved, garage is concrete, but there's pea gravel in between.

Worst cb650 ever said:
I just moved into a new house in September, and it has a pea gravel driveway. Yup, hand shoveling for me all winter. I've bent two metal shovels and broken one plastic one already. The worst part is I have a snow blower, but I know it would turn into a rock thrower if I used it on the driveway.

I'm going to have to look into concrete vs. asphalt in the spring, because the pea gravel isn't exactly ideal for the bikes either. Road's paved, garage is concrete, but there's pea gravel in between.

Just set your slides at the highest they go and be careful, once it is frozen with a thin layer of snow, you won't throw very many rocks, I used to have a pea gravel drive and had no problem blowing snow without throwing rocks, if you pay attention and set the slides right.

Worst cb650 ever said:

Set the skids down so there is an 1.5 inch clearance to the scraper blade. You will still need to scrape up by shovel, but if the snow is deep, you can skim off most of it....I do my gravel driveway like that. I usually leave the 1.5 inch, as I can easily drive over it and I don't really need to see the gravel.

Thanks, but my snowblower's too cheap to have anything adjustable. It's one of those single stage two wheeled propelled by the flapper units, so the flapper "blade" needs to be in contact with the ground. Looks like I need to upgrade, huh? ;D

Yeah, upgrade. I want at least a 15hp, 36in two-stage with tank treads instead of tires.

11082.jpg

No, this is overkill.....

81YplqzR43L._SL1500_.jpg

15hp.....45" path.

and yes, I want one!!!

cheaper than putting a plow on the old K3500.

I have that Honda's little brother, the HS-932. My work was throwing it out because they thought it had a bad transmission. Turns out you just dont want to use it to clear a car dealership with the drive at full bore-it overheats and snaps the pin that holds the tread drive wheel to the axle. Put a $3.50 pin in place and it'll do a 7 car driveway, plus a block of sidewalk covered in 14" of snow in under an hour. Starts on the first or second pull too in -25*c and I keep it und0er a tarp in my driveway (garage is full and door is frozen shut)!

I think for the rest of this winter I'll stick with the tried and true method of snow tires + AWD + ramming speed out of the garage. The mail truck got stuck in my driveway though, so that's an issue. Don't want to slow down the Ebay delivery fairy!

Back
Top Bottom